Tofu Mushroom Scramblewith spinach and fruit salad
When we combine tofu with a bit of yellow-colored turmeric, no one will even know that you're eating tofu instead of eggs. Packed with veggies and enjoyed with a side of fruit, this is one of those meals you can make a bunch of different ways but always feel good about eating. Our paleo version uses eggs instead of tofu.
- Garlic - 3 cloves, minced
- Onions - 1, diced
- Mushrooms, brown - 1 lb, quartered
- Roma tomatoes - 2, diced
- Strawberries - 1/2 lb, sliced
- Oranges - 2, segmented
- Firm tofu - 1 lb
- Black beans - 2 cups ((~1 can))
- Cooking oil - 1 Tbsp
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Coriander - 1 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric (opt) - 1 1/2 tsp ((If you don't already own it, it's not necessary))
- Baby spinach - 6 oz
- Gluten-free tortillas or pitas - 8
- Limes - 1/2, juice of
- Garlic / Onions / Mushrooms / Tomatoes - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Strawberries / Oranges - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Tofu - Place into a mesh strainer and crumble with a spoon or fork. Let sit for up to 30 minutes to drain out as much liquid as possible. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Beans - Rinse and drain
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then garlic and onions to heated oil with a sprinkle of salt. Saute until softened, ~3 minutes.
- Next add in mushrooms, cumin, and coriander. Saute for 3 to 5 minutes, until mushrooms are soft and tender.
- Mix turmeric into tofu (this is more to make it look like eggs). Add tofu, beans, and baby spinach into pan. Cook until everything is warmed through.
- Heat tortillas or pitas according to package instructions.
- Turn off heat and add in lime juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with chopped tomatoes and enjoy in tortillas or flat bread with a side of fruit.
This meal has 14 reviews
The taste is a little bland. Good ingredients but can easily be watery if the tofu isn't given enough time to drain. Salt and pepper was a must fit this recipe.
I think the canned black beans I got were way to hard.
Made with a can of spicy tomatoes. Really good!
LA bomba! That means the bomb, yo.
I liked this a lot, however I did add hot sauce to it, due to it being a little bland for my husband and I. I might add curry the next time I make it to see if it spices it up a little.