with roasted asparagus and quinoa
This is a simple spring dinner that's all about the small touches. Lemon zest and garlic infused oil adds fresh flavor to salmon and spring asparagus. You'll bake 2x the amount of salmon, making Wednesday's dinner a breeze. Our vegetarian version is a spring vegetable saute topped with a lemon dressing and goat cheese.
Lemon-Garlic Salmon with Asparagus:
- Lemon - 1 , zest of
- Garlic - 2 cloves , crushed or minced
- Grapeseed oil - 1/3 cup ((Or other mild oil like canola, avocado, or light olive oil))
- Salmon - 2 lbs
- Asparagus - 1 1/2 lbs
- Quinoa - 2/3 cups , uncooked ((Sub 2 cups of cooked quinoa))
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Make lemon-garlic infused oil - Zest the peel of the lemon and mince garlic. Add to grapeseed oil (or other mild flavor oil like canola, avocado, or light olive oil) and let steep, overnight if possible. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Salmon - Rinse and dry. Place on a sheet pan.
- Asparagus - Trim off ~½” (1.25 cm) from the bottom of the spears.
- Quinoa - Double if making Tuesday’s dinner. Combine quinoa with 2x the amount of water (or stock if you prefer) in a saucepan. Add in some salt. Bring to a boil covered. Lower heat, keep covered, and cook until liquid is absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Preheat oven to 400F (204C) degrees.
- Pour 2/3rds of the lemon-garlic infused oil over salmon. Sprinkle with some salt and pepper and bake in the oven for 14 to 18 minutes, depending on the thickness of the salmon.
- Place asparagus on a sheet pan and toss with the remainder of the flavored oil. Roast in the oven with salmon, timing it so that the two items finish around the same time. Thinner asparagus spears should take 6 to 8 minutes, thicker ones 9 to 12 minutes.
- Finish salmon and asparagus with lemon juice and a sprinkle of salt and pepper fresh out of the oven. If making Wednesday’s dinner, remember to set aside half the salmon. Enjoy with quinoa.