with feta, broccolini, and chickpeas
With orzo from last night ready to go, this is an easy pasta salad for weeknight eating (or a warm picnic). Sundried tomatoes provide a tasty base to cover your salad ingredients. Our paleo option features salmon in place of the beans and orzo.
- Salmon - 1 1/4 lbs
- Broccolini - 1 lb, chopped
- Dijon mustard - 2 tsp
- Garlic - 1 clove, peeled
- Sundried tomatoes - 3 Tbsp ((Ideally stored in oil))
- Red wine or sherry vinegar - 3 Tbsp
- Olive oil - 1/3 cup
- Parsley - 1/2 bunch, chopped
- Red peppers - 2, diced
- Lemon - 1, juice of
- Salmon - Rinse and dry.
- Broccolini - Chop into 1” (2.5 cm) long segments. Place in a microwave-safe pan and cover with a wet paper towel. Microwave for 2 minutes and 30 seconds. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Make dressing - Puree Dijon, garlic, sundried tomatoes, vinegar, and olive oil in a food processor or blender (or in the tall cup that should have come with your immersion blender). Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Parsley / Red peppers - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Preheat oven to 350F (177C) degrees.
- Place salmon on a sheet pan, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, until translucent in the middle.
- When salmon is cooked, break up and toss with broccolini, parsley, red peppers, and dressing. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and lemon juice as needed.
- Don't forget to snap your photos this week and upload them to Instagram with #SpringIntoDinner & @cooksmarts tags to win great prizes (like a $200 Amazon gift card!). Details here.
Very tasty, easy, light and healthy meal.0 Helpful
Didn't have broccolini at the store when I went so we substituted broccoli. One of my sons helped prepare this and it was very yummy! Definitely going to make this one again.0 Helpful
Pretty good! Steamed the broccolini instead of microwaving it. My husband usually loathes pasta salad but he enjoyed this. Maybe would add some paprika or something next time to give it a little more flavor?0 Helpful
Good flavor and textures. Makes an enormous amount of food! I ended up adding doubling the feta since it seemed to disappear in the vast pile of orzo and broccolini.0 Helpful
Made with rotisserie chicken instead of garbanzos. Next time will make a faster version without the sundried tomatoes so I don't have to get the food processor dirty.0 Helpful
Forgot the feta. Still plenty of flavor.0 Helpful