with feta, broccolini, and chickpeas
With orzo from last night ready to go, this is an easy pasta salad for weeknight eating (or a warm picnic). Sundried tomatoes provide a tasty base to cover your salad ingredients. Our paleo option features salmon in place of the beans and orzo.
Orzo and Broccolini Salad:
- Orzo - 1/2 lb
- Broccolini - 1 lb , chopped
- Dijon mustard - 2 tsp
- Garlic - 1 clove , peeled
- Sundried tomatoes - 3 Tbsp ((Ideally stored in oil))
- Red wine or sherry vinegar - 3 Tbsp
- Olive oil - 1/3 cup
- Parsley - 1/2 bunch , chopped
- Garbanzo beans - 2 cups , rinsed and drained ((~1 can))
- Feta - 2 oz , crumbled
- Lemon - 1 , juice of
- Orzo - If not already cooked yesterday, bring a saucepan of water to boil. Salt generously (that water should taste like the ocean!) and add orzo. Cook according to package instructions. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Broccolini - Chop into 1” (2.5 cm) long segments. Place in a microwave-safe pan and cover with a wet paper towel. Microwave for 2 minutes and 30 seconds. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Make dressing - Puree Dijon, garlic, sundried tomatoes, vinegar, and olive oil in a food processor or blender (or in the tall cup that should have come with your immersion blender). Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Parsley / Garbanzo beans - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Toss orzo with broccolini, parsley, chickpeas, feta, and dressing. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and lemon juice as needed.
- Don't forget to snap your photos this week and upload them to Instagram with #SpringIntoDinner & @cooksmarts tags to win great prizes (like a $200 Amazon gift card!). Details here.