Sheet Pan Gnocchi with Sausage
and broccolini / tomatoes
This is a true one pan meal - just toss all of the ingredients together and roast until tender. Baked gnocchi has a slightly different texture than boiled gnocchi, but is still delicious. It's a bit more firm with a golden crust, almost like a dense version of a tater tot.
Smarts: A single sheet pan is all you need for 4 servings, but if you are making more than 4 servings you may need a second sheet pan so all of the ingredients have plenty of room.
- Broccolini - 1 bunch , trimmed
- Sausage, any pre-cooked - 12 oz , sliced or cubed (we like chicken apple sausage or another smoked sausage )
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 2 cups , halved
- Basil leaves, fresh - 10 leaves , sliced
- Potato gnocchi, uncooked - 16 oz
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
- Oregano, dried - 2 tsp
- Garlic powder - 1/2 tsp
- Red pepper flakes (opt) - 1/2 tsp
- Cheese, mozzarella pearls - 6 oz (sub regular mozzarella, chopped)
- Cheese, parmesan - 2 oz , grated
Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
Set out a sheet pan. Add gnocchi, tomatoes, and sausage. Drizzle with olive oil, oregano, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes. Gently toss to combine. Arrange broccolini around the edges of the pan. Drizzle with some more olive oil. Season everything with some salt and pepper.
Bake the gnocchi, stirring halfway through cooking, until both broccolini and gnocchi are tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
Remove the sheet pan from the oven and take broccolini off the pan. Set it aside on a serving plate.
To remaining ingredients on the sheet pan, scatter mozzarella pearls over top. Return it to the oven and continue roasting until the cheese is melted, ~5 minutes more.
Divide gnocchi and vegetables between shallow bowls or plates. Top with basil and parmesan. Serve broccolini on the side. Enjoy!