BBQ Chicken Chopped Salad
with black beans / corn / tomatoes / crushed tortilla chips
What is one of the best things to do with leftover BBQ chicken? Make a BBQ chicken salad! This salad is packed with vegetables. Ranch dressing and tortilla chips give it layers of texture and flavor.
- Tomatoes, medium - 2 , chopped
- Corn kernels, fresh or frozen - 2 cups
- Lettuce, romaine - 2 hearts , chopped
- Green onions - 2 stalks , chopped, green and white parts combined
- Avocados - 1 , cubed
- Beans, black (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can , drained and rinsed
- Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken (leftover from Monday) - ~2 1/2 cups
- BBQ sauce - for serving (use your favorite store-bought version)
- Tortilla chips - 4 cups
- Green onions - 1 stalk , finely chopped, green and white parts combined
- Sour cream - 1/4 cup (sub plain or Greek yogurt)
- Mayonnaise - 2 Tbsp
- Vinegar, white wine - 1 Tbsp
- Dill, dried (opt) - 1/4 tsp
- Garlic powder - 1/4 tsp
- Sugar, granulated - pinch
Make ranch dressing - Finely chop green onions (portion for dressing). Whisk together with sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, dried dill, garlic powder, and sugar. Season with some salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Tomatoes / Corn kernels / Lettuce / Green onions (portion for salad) / Avocados - Prep as directed. (Note: If using frozen corn kernels, defrost in the microwave. If using fresh corn, slice off kernels and microwave on high just until tender, 1 to 2 minutes.)
Beans - Drain and rinse.
Reheat leftover BBQ chicken in the microwave.
Assemble salads with a bed of lettuce. Top with tomatoes, corn, green onions, beans, and avocados. Spoon warm BBQ chicken over top.
Drizzle salads with ranch dressing and BBQ sauce. Crumble tortilla chips over top or serve on the side for scooping. Enjoy!