Mexican Turkey Lettuce Cups
with pico de gallo / coriander green beans
- Onions, medium and white - 1/2 , chopped
- Jalapenos - 1 , chopped
- Tomatoes, roma - 6 , chopped
- Cilantro leaves - 2 Tbsp , chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 tsp
- Avocados - 1 , sliced
- Lettuce, butterhead - 12 leaves (sub outer leaves from hearts of Romaine)
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Turkey, ground - 1 1/2 lbs
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 2 Tbsp
- Chili powder - 1 tsp
- Cumin, ground - 1 tsp
- Garlic powder - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Pepitas / pumpkin seeds - 1/4 cup
- Green beans - 1 lb , trimmed
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Coriander, ground - 1 tsp
- Lime juice - 2 tsp
Make pico de gallo - Combine onions, jalapenos, tomatoes, cilantro, and cooking oil (portion for pico). Season with some salt.
Avocados / Lettuce - Prep as directed.
Heat a large skillet or wok with cooking oil (portion for green beans) over medium-high heat. Add green beans and saute, letting the beans brown lightly on the bottom of the pan, until tender and lightly charred, 2 to 3 minutes. Season with ground coriander and some salt and pepper. Squeeze lime juice over top. Set aside and cover to keep warm.
Wipe out pan and return to medium-high heat. Add oil (portion for turkey) and then turkey to heated oil. Saute turkey, breaking it apart, until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Add aminos, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and pepper. Stir until turkey is coated in spices, ~1 minute more.
Fill lettuce leaves with turkey, avocados, pico de gallo, and pepitas. Enjoy with green beans on the side.