Summer Cobb Salad
with creamy herb dressing
Cobb salad is a classic, and this version, last featured in a meal plan in 2021, is topped with a creamy dressing that we turn to time and again. It's great on salads, as well as for dipping vegetables and pita chips.
- Eggs - 4
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 10 oz , halved
- Corn kernels, fresh or frozen - 1 1/2 cups
- Lettuce, romaine - 8 oz , chopped (sub any salad greens)
- Bread, sandwich - 2 slices , cubed
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Avocados - 2 , cubed
- Pistachios, shelled - 1/3 cup
- Creamy herb dressing (ingredients listed separately) - 2/3 cup
- Garlic - 1 clove , peeled
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 4 Tbsp
- Oil, cooking - 4 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Dill, fresh - 1/2 tsp , chopped
Make hard boiled eggs - Cover eggs with cold water and some salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and then turn off heat. Let eggs sit in hot water for 11 minutes and then run in cold water for easier peeling. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Make creamy herb dressing - Peel garlic. Combine garlic, yogurt, cooking oil, lemon juice, and dill and blend until smooth using an immersion blender or food processor. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
Bread - Heat oven to 400F / 204C degrees. Tear or slice bread into bite-sized pieces. Spread bread out on a sheet pan and toss with olive oil. Season with some salt. Transfer bread to oven and toast, shaking the pan halfway through cooking, until golden brown and crisp.
Corn (if using frozen) - Defrost corn in the microwave.
Avocados. Cube avocados.
Peel and chop eggs.
Form a bed of lettuce and layer all other ingredients on top - tomatoes, corn, avocados, eggs, toasted bread cubes, and pistachios.
Serve salad with dressing on the side so everyone can dress their own. Enjoy!