Summer Deli Cobb Salad
with tahini herb dressing
- Eggs - 4
- Deli meat - 3/4 lb, chopped (like roast turkey or ham)
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 10 oz, halved
- Lettuce, romaine - 8 oz, chopped (sub any salad greens)
- Avocados - 2, cubed
- Pepitas / pumpkin seeds - 1/4 cup
- Tahini herb dressing (ingredients listed separately) - 2/3 cup
- Garlic - 1 clove, peeled
- Tahini - 2 Tbsp (sub cashew or almond butter)
- Oil, cooking - 4 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Dill, fresh - 1/2 tsp, chopped
Make hard boiled eggs - Cover eggs with cold water and some salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and then turn off heat. Let eggs sit in hot water for 11 minutes and then run in cold water for easier peeling. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Deli meat / Tomatoes / Lettuce - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
Avocados. Cube avocados.
Peel and chop eggs.
Form a bed of lettuce and layer all other ingredients on top - deli meat, tomatoes, avocados, eggs, and pepitas.
Serve salad with dressing on the side so everyone can dress their own. Enjoy!
Always good! I forgot the corn this time and missed it.0 Helpful
Always a good easy summer meal.0 Helpful
Added cucumbers. Easy and delicious!0 Helpful
Always love this salad whenever it comes up.0 Helpful
Dressing had way too much garlic and was spicy and kind of yucky. Use a smaller clove or garlic powder next time!0 Helpful
Tasty, but we had to somewhat thin the dressing and add salt to cut the strong garlic flavor. Used diced pancetta to save time on prep. A sprinkle of salt and pepper over the final salads made a HUGE difference in flavor.0 Helpful