Summer Deli Cobb Salad
with creamy herb dressing
Cobb salad is a classic, and this version, last featured in a meal plan in 2021, is topped with a creamy dressing that we turn to time and again. It's great on salads, as well as for dipping vegetables and pita chips.
- Eggs - 4
- Deli meat - 3/4 lb , chopped (like roast turkey or ham)
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 10 oz , halved
- Corn kernels, fresh or frozen - 1 1/2 cups
- Lettuce, romaine - 8 oz , chopped (sub any salad greens)
- Avocados - 2 , cubed
- Creamy herb dressing (ingredients listed separately) - 2/3 cup
- Garlic - 1 clove , peeled
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 4 Tbsp
- Oil, cooking - 4 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Dill, fresh - 1/2 tsp , chopped
Make hard boiled eggs - Cover eggs with cold water and some salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and then turn off heat. Let eggs sit in hot water for 11 minutes and then run in cold water for easier peeling. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Make creamy herb dressing - Peel garlic. Combine garlic, yogurt, oil, lemon juice, and dill and blend until smooth using an immersion blender or food processor. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
Deli meat / Tomatoes / Corn (if using fresh) / Lettuce - Prep as directed. Tomatoes and corn can be stored together. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
Corn (if using frozen) - Defrost corn in the microwave.
Avocados. Cube avocados.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
Peel and chop eggs.
Form a bed of lettuce and layer all other ingredients on top - deli meat, tomatoes, corn, avocados, and eggs.
Serve salad with dressing on the side so everyone can dress their own. Enjoy!