Summer Deli Cobb Salad
with creamy herb dressing
Cobb salad is a classic, and this version, last featured in a meal plan in 2021, is topped with a creamy dressing that we turn to time and again. It's great on salads, as well as for dipping vegetables and pita chips.
- Eggs - 4
- Deli meat - 3/4 lb , chopped (like roast turkey or ham)
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 10 oz , halved
- Corn kernels, fresh or frozen - 1 1/2 cups
- Lettuce, romaine - 8 oz , chopped (sub any salad greens)
- Avocados - 2 , cubed
- Creamy herb dressing (ingredients listed separately) - 2/3 cup
- Garlic - 1 clove , peeled
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 4 Tbsp
- Oil, cooking - 4 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Dill, fresh - 1/2 tsp , chopped
Make hard boiled eggs - Cover eggs with cold water and some salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and then turn off heat. Let eggs sit in hot water for 11 minutes and then run in cold water for easier peeling. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Corn (if using frozen) - Defrost corn in the microwave.
Avocados. Cube avocados.
Peel and chop eggs.
Form a bed of lettuce and layer all other ingredients on top - deli meat, tomatoes, corn, avocados, and eggs.
Serve salad with dressing on the side so everyone can dress their own. Enjoy!