Cajun Shrimp Salad
with carrots / walnuts
- Cajun seasoning - 1/2 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1/2 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Hot sauce (opt) - 1/2 tsp
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, olive - 2 1/2 Tbsp
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 lb
- Cajun seasoning - 1 Tbsp
- Carrots - 8 oz , chopped
- Lettuce, romaine - 2 hearts , shredded (sub green leaf lettuce)
- Tomatoes, grape or cherry - 1 cup , halved
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Walnuts, halves or pieces - 1/2 cup
Shrimp - Defrost, rinse, and dry. Combine with Cajun seasoning (the portion for the shrimp) and some salt and pepper.
Carrots - Chop carrots into bite-sized pieces. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Make Cajun dressing - Whisk together Cajun seasoning (the portion for the dressing), mustard, honey, hot sauce (if using), vinegar, and olive oil. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Lettuce / Tomatoes - Prep as directed.
Assemble salads by forming a bed of lettuce. Top with carrots, tomatoes, shrimp, and walnuts. Toss with dressing just before serving. Enjoy!