Roasted Broccoli and Tofu Tacos
- Quinoa - 2/3 cup , uncooked
Tofu, Mushroom, Broccoli Tacos:
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Coriander - 1 tsp
- Paprika - 1/2 tsp
- Red wine vinegar - 1 Tbsp
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 1/4 cup
- Cooking oil - 1/4 cup ((Like grapeseed, canola, or avocado))
- Broccoli - 1 lb , chopped
- Mushrooms, brown - 3/4 lb , quartered
- Jalapenos - 2 , seeded and diced
- Tofu, extra-firm (vacuum-packed preferable) - 1 lb , cubed ((Squeeze tofu between two paper towel lined plates to remove more moisture))
- Tortillas - 8
- Lime - 1 , sliced into wedges
- Quinoa - If not prepared from Monday’s dinner, combine quinoa with 2x the amount of water (or stock if you prefer) in a saucepan. Add in some salt. Bring to a boil covered. Lower heat, keep covered, and cook until liquid is absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Marinade - Mix together cumin, coriander, paprika, red wine vinegar, soy sauce, and cooking oil. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead).
- Broccoli / Mushrooms / Jalapenos / Tofu - Prep as directed. With the jalapenos, remove seeds for less heat, and definitely wash your hands thoroughly afterwards. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Preheat oven to 400F (204C) degrees.
- Toss broccoli, mushrooms, jalapenos, and tofu with half the marinade. Spread ingredients across two sheet pans so they have more space (putting too much on a pan will result in steaming vs. roasting). Roast in the oven for 18 to 22 minutes, until broccoli is tender but still a bit crunchy.
- Warm up tortillas according to packaged instructions. Toss veggies and tofu with remainder of the marinade fresh out of the oven. Salt and pepper to taste. Fill tortillas with tofu and veggies and serve with lime wedges and a side of quinoa.