Roasted Broccoli and Tofu Tacos with quinoa
Latin spices spruce up plain tofu. Roasted with broccoli and mushroom, you get a tasty and crunchy vegetarian taco filling! The paleo option is a simple bake too, substituting chicken strips for the tofu.
- Quinoa - 2/3 cup, uncooked
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Coriander - 1 tsp
- Paprika - 1/2 tsp
- Red wine vinegar - 1 Tbsp
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 1/4 cup
- Cooking oil - 1/4 cup ((Like grapeseed, canola, or avocado))
- Broccoli - 1 lb, chopped
- Mushrooms, brown - 3/4 lb, quartered
- Jalapenos - 2, seeded and diced
- Tofu, extra-firm (vacuum-packed preferable) - 1 lb, cubed ((Squeeze tofu between two paper towel lined plates to remove more moisture))
- Tortillas - 8
- Lime - 1, sliced into wedges
- Quinoa - If not prepared from Monday’s dinner, combine quinoa with 2x the amount of water (or stock if you prefer) in a saucepan. Add in some salt. Bring to a boil covered. Lower heat, keep covered, and cook until liquid is absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Marinade - Mix together cumin, coriander, paprika, red wine vinegar, soy sauce, and cooking oil. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead).
- Broccoli / Mushrooms / Jalapenos / Tofu - Prep as directed. With the jalapenos, remove seeds for less heat, and definitely wash your hands thoroughly afterwards. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Preheat oven to 400F (204C) degrees.
- Toss broccoli, mushrooms, jalapenos, and tofu with half the marinade. Spread ingredients across two sheet pans so they have more space (putting too much on a pan will result in steaming vs. roasting). Roast in the oven for 18 to 22 minutes, until broccoli is tender but still a bit crunchy.
- Warm up tortillas according to packaged instructions. Toss veggies and tofu with remainder of the marinade fresh out of the oven. Salt and pepper to taste. Fill tortillas with tofu and veggies and serve with lime wedges and a side of quinoa.
This meal has 20 reviews
Just made it over wild rice. Used all the marinade for the first toss, oops. Delish!
Loved the flavor. Great with the Tofu.
OH MY GOODNESS, DELICIOUS! We made a little extra marinade for the veggies/chicken and added a pinch of shredded monterrey jack cheese and was blown away by the flavor. LOVE IT!
I thought I'd like all these flavors together, but it just didn't work. I'd make with a different sauce and marinade the tofu.
This was yummy and made us feel pretty healthy eating it! However, we did wish for more sauce.
The flavor did not agree with me except for the tofu. Couldn't finish it.