Antipasto Hearts of Palm 'Pasta' Salad
with kale / olives / salami / tomatoes
With the weather getting warmer, it's always nice to have a pasta salad in the rotation and this one uses paleo-friendly Hearts of Palm noodles. This colorful Italian-inspired version is great warm or chilled - serve it as a side dish for a barbecue or as a main dish for dinner or lunch.
- Garlic - 1 clove , chopped
- Vinegar, sherry - 2 Tbsp (sub red or white wine vinegar)
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Italian seasoning - 1 tsp
- Oil, olive - 6 Tbsp
- Artichoke hearts - 8 , chopped (preferably marinated in oil)
- Kale, curly leaf - 1 bunch , stems removed and leaves very thinly sliced (sub baby kale)
- Salami - 4 oz , cubed
- Tomatoes, medium - 2 , chopped (sub halved cherry or grape tomatoes)
- Hearts of palm 'pasta' - 9 oz
- Olives, any pitted and sliced - 3/4 cup
Garlic / Artichoke hearts / Kale / Salami - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Make vinaigrette - Whisk together garlic, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, honey, and Italian seasoning. Add olive oil while whisking. Season with some salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Tomatoes - Chop tomatoes.
Hearts of palm 'pasta' - Drain and rinse.
Olives - Drain and rinse. Chop or slice if not pre-sliced.
Warm the hearts of palm 'pasta' according to package directions (in the microwave or on the stovetop).
In a large mixing bowl, gently combine 'pasta', artichoke hearts, kale, salami, tomatoes, and olives.
Fold in vinaigrette.
Taste and season pasta salad with some salt and pepper.
Divide 'pasta' salad between bowls and enjoy!