Antipasto Pasta Salad
with kale / olives / salami / tomatoes / cheese
With the weather getting warmer, it's always nice to have a pasta salad in the rotation - serve it as a side dish for a barbecue or as a main dish for dinner or lunch. This colorful Italian-inspired version is great warm or chilled.
Smarts: If making this ahead, divide the vinaigrette in half. Toss the first half with the pasta salad when you make it and the second half right before serving. (This will prevent all of the dressing from soaking into the pasta while it sits.)
- Garlic - 1 clove , chopped
- Vinegar, sherry - 2 Tbsp (sub red or white wine vinegar)
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Italian seasoning - 1 tsp
- Oil, olive - 6 Tbsp
- Pasta, any fun shape - 10 oz
- Artichoke hearts - 8 , chopped (preferably marinated in oil)
- Kale, curly leaf - 1 bunch , stems removed and leaves very thinly sliced (sub baby kale)
- Salami - 4 oz , cubed
- Tomatoes, medium - 2 , chopped (sub halved cherry or grape tomatoes)
- Olives, any pitted and sliced - 3/4 cup
- Cheese, mozzarella pearls - 6 oz (sub chopped fresh mozzarella)
Cook pasta - Cook pasta according to package directions. If prepping ahead, toss with some oil to minimize sticking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Garlic / Artichoke hearts / Kale / Salami - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Make vinaigrette - Whisk together garlic, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, honey, and Italian seasoning. Add olive oil while whisking. Season with some salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Tomatoes - Chop tomatoes.
Olives - Drain and rinse. Chop or slice if not pre-sliced.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
If you would like the pasta warm and it was cooked ahead, reheat it briefly in the microwave. (This is optional - the pasta salad can be served warm or room temperature.)
In a large mixing bowl, gently combine pasta, artichoke hearts, kale, salami, tomatoes, cheese, and olives.
Fold in vinaigrette.
Taste and season pasta salad with some salt and pepper.
Divide pasta salad between bowls and enjoy!