with spinach and tomato salad
This will become an easy dinner and breakfast favorite! Using leftover potatoes from last night, you just need to quickly whip up some eggs. The paleo version adds bacon and portobello for an egg scramble.
- Green onions - 4 stalks, chopped
- Cheese (opt) - 2 oz, grated ((Like cheddar, Jack, or colby))
- Eggs - 6
- Sour cream (opt) - 1 Tbsp + more for serving
- Black beans (14 oz / 397 g can) - 1 can, rinsed and drained
- Cooking oil - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Salsa - 1/2 cup
- Leftover roasted potatoes - 2 cups
- Tortillas, burrito-sized - 4 ((Try some fun flavors like spinach or sundried tomato if your store carries it))
- Roma tomatoes - 2 , chopped
- Baby spinach - 4 oz
- Paprika - 1/4 tsp
- Red wine vinegar - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Brown sugar - 1/2 tsp
- Cooking oil - 3 Tbsp ((like grapeseed, vegetable, or avocado))
- Green onions - Chop, keeping white and green parts separate. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Cheese (optional) - Grate, if not already prepped from Tuesday's dinner. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Eggs - Whisk with sour cream (optional) and salt and pepper.
- Beans - Rinse and drain.
- Tomatoes - Chop.
- If you didn’t already make vinaigrette for Tuesday’s dinner, whisk together paprika, red wine vinegar, sugar, and oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat a skillet or non-stick pan over medium heat. Add in cooking oil and then white parts of green onion with some salt. Saute until softened, ~3 minutes.
- Add in whisked eggs to heated oil. Let eggs sit until the bottom part starts to form. Lightly scramble and cook until eggs are to the consistency you want. Cooking eggs on lower heat yields fluffier eggs. Toss in beans and salsa and stir to mix.
- Warm up leftover potatoes in a microwave (45 seconds should do) or warm them up in skillet (remove eggs and beans first).
- Warm up tortillas according to package instructions and assemble breakfast burritos by filling with eggs and beans, green parts of green onions, potatoes, sour cream, and cheese at the end of the tortilla that is closer to you. Fold over from the bottom, and then the sides. Roll until it’s all enclosed. You may want to wrap it in foil if that makes it easier to eat.
- Toss spinach and tomatoes with vinaigrette. Enjoy as a side to the breakfast burritos.
Made this for a dinner meal. Seemed a little different pairing breakfast type food with a spinach but they went great together. I'd make this again with no changes most likely. Drained the salsa just a little so it was not runny :)0 Helpful
Added leftover taco filling and avocado and it was amazing0 Helpful
Breakfast Burritos are always a hit! I added Lean Ground Pork and made pan fried potatoes instead of the roasted potatoes.0 Helpful
So good! The potatoes turned out perfect and I want to make more! I would definitely make it again.0 Helpful
My hubby took a stab at making this and both he and I are glad he did...one of our favorites!0 Helpful
Very good classic!0 Helpful