Strawberry and Spinach Salad
with kidney beans / mint / avocados / feta
This simple, no-cook salad was last featured in 2020 and feels like a celebration of spring.
Smarts: If you want a warm / cooked element, try using the original recipe for tonight's meal and substitute tofu or tempeh strips for the chicken. Either way, we think the flavors of this salad really shine.
- Mint, fresh - 10 leaves , chiffonade
- Strawberries, fresh - 8 oz , quartered
- Cheese, feta - 4 oz , crumbled
- Avocados - 2 , cubed
- Beans, kidney (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can , drained and rinsed
- Baby spinach - 6 oz
- Almonds, sliced or slivered - 1/3 cup
- Vinegar, balsamic - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Honey - 1 1/2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 4 Tbsp
Make vinaigrette - Whisk together vinegar, mustard, and honey. Add olive oil while whisking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Beans - Drain and rinse.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
Toss together spinach, beans, and avocados with half the vinaigrette. Finish salads with mint, strawberries, feta, almonds, and remaining vinaigrette. Enjoy!