Breakfast Burrito with Pinto Beans and [Leftover] Roasted Potatoes
with fruit salad
These breakfast burritos make for a hearty dinner and come together fast thanks to roasted potatoes made earlier in the week. Add your favorite fresh fruit for a simple side.
- Eggs - 6 , whisked
- Milk - 1 Tbsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Green onions - 2 stalks , chopped, green and white parts separate
- Beans, pinto (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can , drained and rinsed
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Roasted Paprika Potatoes (leftover from Tuesday) - ~2 cups
- Tortillas, burrito-sized - 4
- Cheese, queso fresco - 2 oz , crumbled (sub Mexican or cheddar cheese, shredded)
- Salsa - for serving
- Sour cream - for serving (sub plain or Greek yogurt)
- Fresh fruit, any mix - 1 lb , chopped (use your favorites for fruit salad)
Heat a nonstick pan or skillet over medium heat. Add oil and then white parts of green onions until onions start to sizzle, ~1 minute. Pour whisked eggs over heated oil. Let sit until the bottom parts start to set. Lightly scramble and cook until eggs are cooked to the consistency you'd like.
Gently fold in beans and green parts of green onions.
While eggs are cooking, reheat leftover potatoes in the microwave.
Warm tortillas according to package directions.
Set tortillas out on a clean surface. Fill each tortilla with egg-bean mixture, crumbled cheese, and potatoes. Top burrito filling with some salsa if you’d like (you can also just reserve it for dipping).
Fold the sides of the burritos and then roll to enclose the filling.
Serve burrito with salsa and sour cream for dipping. Enjoy fruit salad on the side.