Taco Fried Rice
Fast-cooking chorizo, frozen veggies, and store-bought salsa help make this meal come together quickly. Vegetarian: sub soyrizo for chorizo. Paleo: sub cauliflower rice for rice.
- Cooked rice - ~2 cups
- Chili powder - 2 tsp
- Cumin - 1/2 tsp
- Chorizo (sub soyrizo) - 6 oz , crumbled
- Oil, cooking - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Frozen vegetables, any mix - 2 cups (look for frozen peas and carrots or a stir-fry mix)
- Hot sauce (opt) - for serving
- Iceberg lettuce - 8 oz , shredded (look for pre-shredded to save time)
- Tortilla chips - 2 cups , crushed
- Salsa, store-bought - 1/4 cup
Prepare rice - Mix rice with chili powder and cumin. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
Cho/soy-rizo - Remove casing and crumble. If it’s a harder chorizo, chop up into small pieces. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
Heat a wok with cooking oil over medium-high heat. Add cho/soy-rizo and saute for 3 to 4 minutes.
Add vegetables and saute until liquid is cooked off and vegetables are starting to brown and sizzle in the bottom of the pan. Stir in rice and cook until rice is heated through, 3 to 5 more minutes. Taste and season with some salt and pepper. The rice should be plenty flavorful with the cho/soy-rizo but you can add some soy sauce if you want it saltier.
Enjoy fried rice topped with hot sauce, lettuce, crushed chips, and salsa.