with stir-fried coleslaw mix
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Frozen potstickers - 1 1/2 lb
- Dipping sauce - ~ 1/2 cup (ingredients listed separately)
- Vinegar, rice - 1/4 cup
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 3 Tbsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 1 tsp
- Chili-garlic sauce (opt) - 1 tsp
- Garlic - 3 cloves , minced
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Carrots - 8 oz (look for pre-shredded)
- Coleslaw mix - 16 oz
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 1 Tbsp
- Toasted sesame oil - 1/2 tsp
Heat a large nonstick pan with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat. Add oil (portion for the potstickers) and when it begins to shimmer add potstickers in a single layer so that the edges are just barely touching (cook these in batches if they won’t all fit in one pan). Cook, uncovered, until bottoms are golden brown, ~3 minutes.
Add 2 Tbsp / 30 mL of water (for 4 servings; adjust if customizing) to the pan and cover tightly with lid. Steam for 6 to 8 minutes. You can check if they’re ready by slicing one open.
While potstickers are steaming, heat a wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil (for the coleslaw mix) and then grated carrots with a pinch of salt. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes and then add garlic and coleslaw mix. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes and then add soy sauce and toasted sesame oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve potstickers with dipping sauce and sauteed veggies on the side. Enjoy!