with broccoli and penne
- Garlic - 3 cloves , minced
- Broccoli florets - 12 oz , pre-chopped
- Tomatoes, roma - 3 , chopped
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 lb
- Pasta, penne - 8 oz (sub any other pasta shape)
- Butter - 4 Tbsp , divided
- Lemon juice - 2 Tbsp
Bring a large stock pot (large enough to hold pasta and broccoli) of water to boil. Salt generously and add pasta. Cook pasta according to package directions. Add broccoli in the last 2 minutes of cooking. Save 1/2 cup / 120 ml (for 4 servings - adjust if customizing) of salted pasta water before draining.
While pasta is boiling, heat a saute pan (that can fit shrimp, pasta, and broccoli) over medium heat. Add half the butter. When butter is melted, add garlic and tomatoes and saute for 1 minute.
Add shrimp and saute until shrimp is cooked through, ~4 minutes. Stir in remainder of the butter and pasta water.
Mix in pasta, broccoli, and lemon juice. Season with some salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!