Shortcut Chicken Parmesan
with pasta and blanched broccoli
- Cheese, mozzarella - 6 oz , pre-shredded
- Frozen breaded chicken tenders - 1 lb (sub faux chicken for vegetarians)
- Marinara sauce - 1 cup (plus extra for serving)
- Cheese, parmesan (opt) - 2 oz , grated (plus extra for serving)
- Broccoli florets - 12 oz , pre-chopped
- Pasta, any variety - 8 oz
Bring a large stock pot of salted water to boil.
Heat oven according to directions for frozen (faux or not) breaded chicken tenders. Spread chicken out onto a sheet pan (use more than one if needed to avoid crowding). Cook according to package directions, minus 2 to 3 minutes.
Return to the stockpot of water (which should be boiling by now) and add pasta. Cook pasta according to package directions. About 2 minutes before the pasta is finished cooking, add broccoli.
Take the sheet pan(s) out of the oven and spread marinara across chicken tenders. Then top with mozzarella and parmesan cheese, if using. Place it back in the oven and broil on low until cheese is melted and parmesan is golden, 4 to 5 minutes. Keep an eye on your oven at this time to avoid burning.
Drain pasta and broccoli.
Serve chicken and sauce over pasta and broccoli. Serve some extra sauce on the side if you like a saucier pasta. Enjoy!