Rotisserie Chicken Salad
with grapes and sugar snap peas
- Walnuts - 1/3 cup
- Rotisserie chicken - 1/2 , shredded
- Cucumbers - 8 oz , chopped (use a seedless variety if available)
- Sugar snap peas - 12 oz , chopped (sub snow peas)
- Grapes - 2 cups , halved
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Italian seasoning - 1/2 tsp
- Lettuce, spring mix - 8 oz (sub any salad greens)
- Blue cheese - 4 oz , crumbled (sub goat cheese or feta)
- Garlic - 1 clove , chopped
- Vinegar, balsamic - 3 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
Toast walnuts - (This step is optional; you can toast the walnuts for Wednesday night at the same time.) If you’d like the walnuts toasted, spread them out on a sheet pan and roast in a 400F / 204C oven until fragrant, 5 to 7 minutes, shaking the pan halfway through cooking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Make vinaigrette - Chop garlic. Whisk together garlic, vinegar, mustard, and honey. Add olive oil while whisking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Rotisserie chicken - (Prep chicken for Wednesday at the same time if making that meal.) Take meat off the bone and shred. Use a knife and fork or your hands. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Cucumbers / Snap Peas - Prep as directed and combine. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
Grapes - Halve grapes.
Toss chicken with oil, Italian seasoning, and some salt and pepper.
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add seasoned chicken and saute until warmed through and starting to crisp in spots, 2 to 3 minutes.
Assemble salads with a bed of salad greens topped with cucumbers, sugar snap peas, grapes, and walnuts. Finish salads with warm chicken and crumbled cheese on top. Add vinaigrette until dressed to your liking. Enjoy!