[Leftover] Vegetarian Ropa Vieja Quesadilla
with green salad
This quick, flavorful meal is a breeze thanks to leftover ropa vieja from earlier in the week. Serve it with a fresh green salad on the side.
- Ropa Vieja (leftover from Monday) - ~3 cups
- Tortillas, taco-sized corn or flour - 8
- Cheese, shredded Mexican blend - 8 oz (sub shredded cheddar)
- Sour cream - for serving (sub plain or Greek yogurt)
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 2 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Honey - 1/2 tsp
- Oregano, dried - 1/4 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 3 Tbsp
- Cucumbers - 6 oz , chopped
- Lettuce, romaine - 2 hearts , chopped
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 1 cup , halved
While griddle heats up, warm leftover ropa vieja in the microwave (it doesn’t need to be hot, but just warm enough to work with). Drain off as much liquid as possible so that your quesadillas don't get soggy.
Working in batches, add one tortilla to heated griddle. Top with some of the cheese and then some of the leftover ropa vieja. Cook, flipping halfway through cooking, until the tortillas are golden brown and cheese is melted.
When quesadillas are all cooked, transfer to a cutting board and slice into wedges.
Toss cucumbers, lettuce, and tomatoes in vinaigrette until dressed to your liking.
Serve quesadillas with sour cream for dipping. Enjoy salad on the side.