Leftover Mojo Pork Stuffed Portobellos
with citrus and avocado salad
Leftover Mojo Pork from earlier in the week makes these stuffed portobellos super fast to put together. A fresh green salad on the side adds color and crunch. This last appeared in a meal plan in 2019.
- Shallots - 1/2 clove , diced
- Oranges - 1 , segments
- Avocados - 1 , sliced
- Lettuce, butterhead or Boston leaf (sub any mixed greens) - 1 head , leaves torn
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 3 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Pickles, dill (opt) - 1/2 cup , sliced
- Mushrooms, portobellos - 8 , stems removed
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 Tbsp
- Mojo pork (leftover from Tuesday) - ~3 cups (sub sliced ham, 2 slices / serving)
Heat oven to 425F / 218C. Place mushrooms onto a sheet pan and brush mushrooms with some oil. Roast for 8 to 10 minutes, until mushrooms are starting to soften.
Spoon mustard (portion for mushrooms) into insides of mushrooms. Top with pickle slices and then with leftover pork. Return pan to oven and continue cooking until mushrooms are very tender and pork is heated through, 8 to 10 minutes more.
Just before serving, combine shallots with vinegar, mustard (portion for salad), and honey. Add oil while whisking. Toss oranges, avocados, and lettuce in dressing.
Serve mushrooms with salad on the side. Enjoy!