Sheet Pan Delhi Bowl
with chickpeas / cauliflower / tomato salsa
- Cauliflower florets - 1 1/2 lbs
- Curry powder, mild - 1 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric, ground - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Red pepper flakes (opt) - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Beans, garbanzo (14 oz / 397 g) - 2 cans
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Naan - 4 rounds
- Tomatoes, Roma - 4 , finely chopped
- Cucumbers - 10 oz , finely chopped
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 2 tsp
- Jalapenos - 1 , chopped (seeds removed for less spice)
- Garlic - 1 clove , chopped
- Ginger - 1/2 inch , grated
- Cilantro leaves - 1 cup (include tender top parts of stems)
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 1/4 cup
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Cumin, ground - 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala - 1/8 tsp
- Sugar - 1/8 tsp
Cauliflower / Jalapenos / Garlic / Ginger - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating first.) Prep as directed. Store cauliflower in one container. Combine jalapenos, garlic, and ginger in another container. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Make spice blend - Mix together curry powder, garam masala (portion for cauliflower), turmeric, salt, red pepper flakes, and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Make cilantro yogurt sauce - If mixing by hand, finely chop cilantro leaves (skip this if using a blender / immersion blender). Combine jalapenos, garlic, ginger, cilantro leaves, yogurt, lemon juice, cumin, garam masala (portion for sauce), and sugar. Mix well or blend until smooth in a blender or with an immersion blender. Add some water if needed to help it blend. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
Make salsa - Combine tomatoes and cucumbers with vinegar and olive oil.
Beans - Drain and rinse.
Heat oven to 425F / 218C degrees.
Toss cauliflower with first portion of cooking oil and half the spice blend (no need to measure it - just estimate). Spread out on a sheet pan (use two if the cauliflower seems crowded).
Roast, shaking the pan halfway through cooking, until cauliflower is tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
While cauliflower roasts, toss beans with second portion of cooking oil and remaining spice blend.
When cauliflower is tender, scatter beans over top and roast both together for about 5 minutes.
In the last few minutes of roasting, place naan on top of cauliflower and beans to warm it up (or just warm naan up in the toaster).
Divide cauliflower and beans between serving bowls. Top bowls with salsa and cilantro yogurt sauce (or set everything out to assemble at the table). Serve with warm naan on the side. Enjoy!