Lentil Soup with Gnocchi:
- French, green, or black lentils - 2/3 cup , dried ((Sub 1 1/2 cups of cooked lentils))
- Garlic - 3 cloves , minced
- Onions - 1 , diced
- Celery - 3 ribs , diced
- Carrots - 3/4 lb , diced ((Or sub 8 oz. frozen))
- Gnocchi - 1/2 lb ((Or use a full package))
- Cooking oil - 3 Tbsp
- Thyme - 1/2 tsp
- Chicken stock - 2 1/2 cups
- Bring a saucepan of water to boil and then cook gnocchi according to packaged instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a >5 quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then garlic. Once you can smell the garlic, toss in onions, celery, and carrots with thyme and a dash of salt. Saute for ~3 minutes. Add in lentils and then stock. Cover and bring to a boil and then simmer uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes (may take longer if lentils were not soaked overnight).
- Stir in cooked gnocchi and season to taste with salt and pepper.