Mediterranean Chickpea Saute
with roasted broccoli / quinoa
- Quinoa, uncooked - 3/4 cup
- Stock, any type - 1 1/2 cups
- Broccoli florets - 1 lb , chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, balsamic - 2 tsp
- Red pepper flakes (opt) - 1/4 tsp
- Garlic - 2 cloves , chopped
- Onions, medium - 1 , diced
- Parsley - 1 Tbsp , chopped
- Artichoke hearts - 6 , drained and chopped
- Beans, garbanzo (14 oz / 397 g) - 2 cans , drained
- Tomatoes, diced (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can , drained
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Wine, white - 1/2 cup (sub stock)
- Paprika - 2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
Quinoa - (Skip if made ahead for Monday; if prepping right before cooking, get oven heating first.) Combine quinoa with stock in a saucepan. Add some salt. Bring to a boil covered. Lower heat, keep covered, and cook until liquid is absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Artichokes - Drain and roughly chop.
Beans - Drain.
Tomatoes - Drain.
Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
Toss broccoli with cooking oil, balsamic vinegar, red pepper flakes, and some salt and pepper. Spread out on a sheet pan and roast for 20 minutes, shaking pan halfway through cooking.
Add tomatoes, white wine, garlic, artichoke hearts, beans, and paprika to the pan, sauteing for another 3 to 5 minutes, until wine has mostly evaporated. Finish with lemon juice and parsley.
If quinoa was made ahead, reheat in the microwave.
Serve chickpea saute over quinoa. Enjoy with roasted broccoli.