Spinach, Mushroom, and Feta Frittata
with avocado citrus salad
- Onions - 1, sliced
- Mushrooms, brown - 1/2 lb, quartered
- Large eggs - 8, whisked
- Plain yogurt - 2 Tbsp
- Feta - 4 oz
- Cooking oil - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Baby spinach - 4 oz
- Shallots - 1 Tbsp, minced
- Dijon mustard - 1 tsp
- Red wine vinegar - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Olive oil - 3 Tbsp
- Citrus (like grapefruit or oranges) - 2, segmented
- Avocados, large - 1, cubed
- Salad greens - 1/4 lb
- Preheat oven to 400F (204C) degrees.
- Heat up a skillet over medium heat. Add in cooking oil and then onions to heated oil with a dash of salt. Saute for about ~5 minutes, until softened. Next add in mushrooms and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes, to let mushrooms soften.
- Add in spinach leaves and toss through to let the heat wilt the spinach. Pour in egg and feta mixture. Stir to mix everything through and then transfer to oven. Cook for 18 to 22 minutes until knife comes out cleanly.
- While frittata is cooking, dice shallots (your vinaigrette may have already been made yesterday). Whisk with Dijon, vinegar, and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Supreme (that's just the fancy French word for segmenting orange slices, but if you use it, people will think you're so cool) citrus and cube avocado. Toss vinaigrette with citrus, avocado, and greens, and enjoy with a warm slice of frittata!
Loved both the salad and the frittata! Also enjoyed making both of them.0 Helpful
Only used half an onion since I used half earlier this week. Baked for 18 minutes. The flavors and texture were perfect! Salad was very good too. Threw in some leftover parsley from other recipes this week.0 Helpful
I didn't have any yogurt at the time but still turned out great! Nice flavor from the feta0 Helpful
I made this on the weekend and put it away for easy breakfast for the week. The frittata was delicous (I didn't even miss the cheese). I did not have chard, so I used spinach like in the original recipe. Since I vas just making the Fritata for breakfast, I did not make the salad, but after reading the reviews I think I might need to.0 Helpful
Very yummy! Even my kids ate it, despite sitting down, looking at it and saying, "I don't like spinach. I don't like mushrooms." I used coconut oil as my cooking oil and my husband didn't even notice (he usually complains about the taste coconut oil leaves on food cooked in it). Will definitely make this again!0 Helpful
The frittata was good. The salad was amazing! Would definitely do this one again or add shrimp and make it the main dish. I did not think that these two items worked well together...0 Helpful