with roasted brussels sprouts
- Salmon fillets (4 to 6 oz) - 4 fillets
- Homemade sesame-soy marinade - 1/4 cup ((ingredients listed separately))
- Sesame seeds - 1 1/2 tsp
- Lemon - 1/2 , wedges
- Brussels sprouts - 1 1/2 lbs , stems trimmed and halved
- Homemade sesame soy marinade - 1/4 cup ((ingredients listed separately))
- Lemon - 1/2 , juice of
- Green onions - 3 stalks , chopped
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 3 Tbsp
- Rice vinegar - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Toasted sesame oil - 1 Tbsp
- Brown sugar - 1 1/2 tsp
- Cooking oil - 1/4 cup ((like grapeseed, avocado, canola))
Make marinade - Chop green onions. Mix with soy sauce, rice vinegar, toasted sesame oil, and brown sugar. Whisk in cooking oil. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Brussels sprouts - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Salmon - Rinse and dry fish. Pour sesame-soy marinade (remember to use only salmon's portion) into a baking dish and place salmon non-skin side down into the marinade. Cover and marinade for at least 30 minutes and up to 1 day. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
Preheat oven to 425F (218C) degrees.
Toss brussels sprouts with marinade and spread out onto a sheet pan. Roast in oven for 25 to 30 minutes, giving a shake midway through.
Bake salmon in marinade for 12 to 15 minutes (you can just leave it in the same baking dish). You can time it so that the salmon and brussels sprouts finish around the same time.
Finish brussels sprouts with lemon juice and season with salt and pepper fresh out of the oven. Flip over baked salmon and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve salmon with lemon wedges over brussels sprouts.