Mac 'n Cheese with Greek Yogurt
and apple spinach salad
- Apples - 1, sliced thinly ((my fave are honey crisp or pink ladies))
- Maple syrup - 2 tsp
- Balsamic vinegar - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Olive oil - 3 Tbsp
- Baby spinach - 4 oz
- Walnuts - 1/4 cup, crushed
- Cheese - 8 oz, grated ((like cheddar and / or jack))
- Pasta - 1/2 lb ((like elbow, shells, penne, fusilli))
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Greek yogurt - 1/2 cup
- Nutmeg - 1/2 tsp
- Bring a saucepan of water to boil. Salt generously (that water should taste like the ocean!) and add pasta. Cook according to package instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, whisk together maple syrup, vinegar, and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Before draining pasta, save 2/3 cup (78 ml) of pasta water. Return saucepan to heat. Add reserved pasta water and then whisk in cheese with salt. Stir in pasta and then Greek yogurt and nutmeg. Mix until coated. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss vinaigrette with apples, spinach, and walnuts. Enjoy with mac 'n cheese!
This had a really stringy texture and was too thick. Also way too much "sauce" sauce for the amount of past, imo.0 Helpful
Yum! The sauce texture was a little uneven, but it was quick and easy and tasty, so I'll make it again.0 Helpful
Note that the 2/3 cup of pasta water is for four servings — I almost added twice what I needed! Next time I’ll wait until the cheese has cooled a bit more to add the yogurt to prevent curdling.0 Helpful
This was great. It was a little watery for us too but we waited a little and most of it absorbed into the pasta. Really good flavor. Loved that we were able to make it lactose free by picking our own ingredients.0 Helpful
Meh, didn't love this. I think I must have screwed something up because it turned into pasta with globby cheese rather than a creamy sauce.0 Helpful
Make this. You'll thank me.0 Helpful