Mac 'n Cheese with Greek Yogurt
and apple spinach salad
We're always looking for new ways to enjoy Greek yogurt and in this dinner, it lends a creamy, smooth finish to this stovetop mac 'n cheese. Our paleo members will be enjoying roasted salmon with a creamy aioli (already made from yesterday!), so you all will be getting a 'creamy' treat too.
Apple Spinach Salad:
- Apples - 1 , sliced thinly ((my fave are honey crisp or pink ladies))
- Maple syrup - 2 tsp
- Balsamic vinegar - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Olive oil - 3 Tbsp
- Baby spinach - 4 oz
- Walnuts - 1/4 cup , crushed
Greek Yogurt Mac 'n Cheese:
- Cheese - 8 oz , grated ((like cheddar and / or jack))
- Pasta - 1/2 lb ((like elbow, shells, penne, fusilli))
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Greek yogurt - 1/2 cup
- Nutmeg - 1/2 tsp
- Cheese - Grate. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Apples - Prep as directed.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Bring a saucepan of water to boil. Salt generously (that water should taste like the ocean!) and add pasta. Cook according to package instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, whisk together maple syrup, vinegar, and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Before draining pasta, save 2/3 cup (78 ml) of pasta water. Return saucepan to heat. Add reserved pasta water and then whisk in cheese with salt. Stir in pasta and then Greek yogurt and nutmeg. Mix until coated. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss vinaigrette with apples, spinach, and walnuts. Enjoy with mac 'n cheese!