Turkey Burgers with Adobo Honey Sauce
and roasted carrot fries
We combine our leftover adobo honey vinaigrette from yesterday with Greek yogurt or a homemade aioli (for the paleo members) to create a creamy condiment perfect for turkey burgers or vegetarian sammies. Eat it with a side of carrot fries and you have a 'fast food' meal that is fast but healthy!
Turkey Burgers with Chipotle Honey Sauce:
- Ground turkey - 1 1/4 lbs
- Egg - 1
- Almond meal - 2 Tbsp
- Paprika - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Ancho chili powder - a pinch (or just chili powder)
- Homemade adobo honey sauce - 1/2 cup (ingredients listed separately)
- Tomatoes - 1 , sliced (for burger topping)
- Gluten-free burger buns - 4
- Cooking oil - 2 Tbsp
Adobo Honey Sauce:
- Leftover adobo honey vinaigrette - 1/4 cup
- Greek yogurt - 1/2 cup
Roasted Carrot Fries:
- Carrots - 2 lbs , peeled and chopped into 'fries'
- Olive oil - 2 Tbsp
- Turkey - Mix ground meat with egg, almond meal, paprika, coriander, salt, and ancho. Form into 1/2" (1.25 cm) thick patties. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Make sauce - Mix leftover adobo honey vinaigrette with Greek yogurt. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Carrots - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Tomatoes - Slice.
- Heat oven to 400F (204C) degrees. Toss carrots with olive oil and spread out onto a sheet pan. Roast in oven for 25 to 30 minutes, giving a shake midway through. Season with salt and pepper fresh out of the oven. Buns can be toasted in the oven at the same time - they'll just need ~5 minutes.
- Brush patties with cooking oil and salt and pepper. Heat up grill pan or skillet over high heat. Grill burgers for about 4 minutes on each side. If burgers haven't reached 165F (74C) degrees, cover with foil, lower heat, and cook until they reach a safe temperature.
- Assemble burgers. Top patties with tomatoes and adobo honey sauce and enjoy with carrot fries. If there's extra adobo honey sauce, use it as a dip for the carrot fries too!