Antipasto Salad with White Beans
and olives / bell peppers / walnuts / pepperoncini
This no-cook entree salad is great for a warm, late-summer night or for any night when you just need something fast, easy, and fresh. This meal was last featured in spring of 2020.
Smarts: This salad is absolutely packed with Italian Antipasto ingredients, so it’s plenty filling, but fresh bread is great on the side if you’d like.
- Cheese, provolone - 6 oz , cubed
- Bell peppers, red - 1 , chopped
- Artichoke hearts (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can , drained and rinsed
- Pepperoncini - 1/4 cup , drained, rinsed, and chopped (these come in mild and spicy, so choose the right one for you)
- Beans, cannellini or any white variety (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can , drained and rinsed
- Mixed greens - 8 oz
- Olives, pitted Kalamata - 1/2 cup (sub any olives)
- Walnuts, halves or pieces - 1/2 cup
- Vinegar, red wine - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Honey - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
Make vinaigrette - Whisk together vinegar, mustard, and honey. Add oil while whisking. Season with some salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Cheese / Bell peppers / Artichoke hearts / Pepperoncini - Prep as directed. You can combine the cheese and bell peppers in one container. Store artichoke hearts and pepperoncini in another container. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Beans - Drain and rinse.
Toss mixed greens with about half of the vinaigrette.
Divide greens between serving plates and top with all of the salad ingredients - beans, cheese, bell peppers, artichoke hearts, pepperoncini, olives, and walnuts. (This is also a great meal to set out salad bar style so that everyone can assemble their own.)
Add remaining vinaigrette until salads are dressed to your liking. Enjoy!