Antipasto Salad with Tuna
and olives / bell peppers / walnuts / pepperoncini
Smarts: This salad is absolutely packed with Italian Antipasto ingredients, so it’s plenty filling, but fresh bread is great on the side if you’d like.
- Genoa salami - 6 oz, chopped
- Cheese, provolone - 6 oz, cubed
- Bell peppers, red - 1, chopped
- Artichoke hearts (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can, drained and rinsed
- Pepperoncini - 1/4 cup, drained, rinsed, and chopped (these come in mild and spicy, so choose the right one for you)
- Tuna, canned, look for Spanish or Italian varieties packed in olive oil (5 oz / 142 g) - 2 cans, drained
- Mixed greens - 8 oz
- Olives, pitted Kalamata - 1/2 cup (sub any olives)
- Walnuts, halves or pieces - 1/2 cup
- Vinegar, red wine - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Honey - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
- Make vinaigrette - Whisk together vinegar, mustard, and honey. Add oil while whisking. Season with some salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Salami / Cheese / Bell peppers / Artichoke hearts / Pepperoncini - Prep as directed. You can combine the salami, cheese, and bell peppers in one container. Store artichoke hearts and pepperoncini in another container. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Tuna - Drain tuna. If it is in large pieces, break it apart with a fork so it can be easily served over salads.
- Toss mixed greens with about half of the vinaigrette.
- Divide greens between serving plates and top with all of the salad ingredients - salami, cheese, bell peppers, artichoke hearts, pepperoncini, tuna, olives, and walnuts. (This is also a great meal to set out salad bar style so that everyone can assemble their own.)
- Add remaining vinaigrette until salads are dressed to your liking. Enjoy!
Delicious!! The dressing is fantastic!0 Helpful
Made this for lunch salads each day. Mixed the dressing with the tuna and stored in a separate container. It was wonderful!0 Helpful
Made per recipe. It was delicious! I doubled the dressing.0 Helpful
Very quick to make, good flavor profile. Provolone would have been better shredded or in tiny chunks.0 Helpful
Rave reviews! This salad was fantastic! Everyone loved it. Bravo. So glad we tried it.0 Helpful
I omitted the olives because I'm not a fan. The salad was good, pretty filling, but I think I could have doubled the dressing.0 Helpful