Asian Fish Stick Tacos
with tangy cabbage slaw / Sriracha crema
Smarts #1: Look for breaded fish sticks so that you get the most crunch in the tacos.
Smarts #2: Don't forget to season the coleslaw with some salt right before serving. Salt will help the other flavors to really pop.
- Avocados - 1, chopped
- Frozen fish sticks - 16
- Tortillas, taco-sized corn or flour - 8
- Green onions - 2 stalks, chopped, green and white parts combined
- Vinegar, rice - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Brown sugar - 1 tsp
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 1 tsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 1 tsp
- Coleslaw mix - 10 oz
- White sesame seeds (opt) - 2 tsp
- Sour cream - 1/2 cup
- Lime juice - 1 tsp
- Sriracha - 1 tsp, more or less to taste
- Make Sriracha crema - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating first.) Whisk together sour cream, lime juice, and Sriracha. Taste and add more Sriracha if you’d like it spicier. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Green onions - Chop green onions. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Make coleslaw - In a large mixing bowl, whisk together vinegar, cooking oil, brown sugar, soy sauce, and toasted sesame oil. Add green onions and coleslaw mix and toss to combine. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes and up to 1 day. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Avocados - Chop avocados.
- Heat oven according to directions for fish sticks. Cook according to package directions.
- While fish sticks bake, add sesame seeds to coleslaw and toss well. Season with some salt.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions.
- Assemble tacos by filling them with coleslaw, fish sticks, and avocados. Top with Sriracha crema. If you have extra coleslaw, serve it on the side. Enjoy!
Bomb! Added jalapeño to the coleslaw because hot peppers make me feel alive. ;)2 Helpful
Love this as a shortcut for when I don’t have the energy to make fish from scratch. I used breaded fillets and chopped them up.0 Helpful
One of my favorite tacos to eat at home. So yummy and satisfying!0 Helpful
Easy, quick, tasty.0 Helpful
Tofu was softer then we’d expected. But overall, this was very tasty.0 Helpful
Great flavors but the tofu really stuck in my air fryer. Will add oil to the marinade next time.0 Helpful
Winner winner, easy dinner. So simple, great way for someone like me who doesn’t really cook fish to incorporate it, and enjoyed by parents and toddler alike.0 Helpful