Tex Mex Naan Pizza
with Mexican side salad
- Lettuce, romaine - 4 oz, chopped
- Tomatoes, roma - 2, chopped
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Paprika, smoked - 1/4 tsp
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Jalapenos (opt) - 1, thinly sliced
- Lettuce, romaine - 2 oz, chopped
- Tomatoes, roma - 2, chopped
- Green onions - 3 stalks, chopped, green and white parts combined
- Black olives, sliced (2.25 oz / 63 g) - 1 can, drained and rinsed
- Naan, pita bread, or other flatbread - 4 rounds
- Beans, refried (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can
- Cheese, shredded Mexican blend - 6 oz
- Salsa - 1/3 cup
- Jalapenos / Lettuce (for pizza and salad) / Tomatoes (for pizza and salad) / Green onions - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating before continuing with prep.) Prep as directed and store separately.
- Olives - Drain and rinse.
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C degrees.
- Line naan up on a sheet pan (use two if they won't easily fit).
- Spread the refried beans over naan. Cover in cheese and then sprinkle on black olives, jalapenos (if using), and green onions (green and white parts).
- Bake pizza for 8 to 12 minutes, until cheese is bubbly.
- While pizza cooks, whisk together vinegar, mustard, honey, and paprika in a mixing bowl. Add oil while whisking. Top with lettuce and tomatoes (portions for the salad; reserve portion for pizza). Wait to toss the salad until right before serving.
- When pizza is done, top it with lettuce and tomatoes (portions for the pizza). Slice.
- Serve pizza with salsa on the side (or spoon some salsa on top if you’d like). Enjoy with salad.
The meat mixture was a little dry. Serving with salsa is important for the recipe to work. I think I’ll make my own salsa next time so I don’t get unwanted ingredients found in jarred varieties. Steaming the bell pepper halves helps maintain the crunch and preserves water solvable vitamins. I think I will steam 4 minutes next time to get a bit more softness. I don’t eat cheese, but I think a sprinkle of cheese on top would be delicious for Keto dieters.0 Helpful
Tasty quick meal. We used pitas and they got nice and crispy.0 Helpful
We liked this but we doctored the refried beans quite a bit. Mixed in half a can of enchilada sauce, some taco seasoning, and a whole chopped jalapeno. We crisped up the naan before putting on toppings. After cooking, we added lettuce, tomato, sour cream, and salsa. I like the idea, maybe refried black beans or whole beans might be better.0 Helpful
The best deconstructed pizza/salad bowl option for our family. We added red enchilada sauce and limes in addition to a variety of salsas, hot sauces, and the other toppings, and just baked cheese on the naan so everyone could make their own. A definite crowd pleaser.0 Helpful
Skipped the salad and was able to make the pizzas in 5 min + bake, which was a huge win to me. The tacos were ok, but needed some spice, maybe cilantro or taco meat.0 Helpful
It was good but for the same amount of work I'd rather just make tacos0 Helpful