with chickpea and arugula salad
- Garlic - 3 cloves, minced
- Cauliflower - 1 head, chopped ((use more if you want more veggies))
- Parsley - a few sprigs, chopped
- Olives - 1 cup, sliced ((Use less or omit if you're not an olives fan or sub artichoke hearts))
- Pasta - 1/2 lb ((like penne, fusilli))
- Cooking oil - 2 Tbsp
- Diced tomatoes (28 oz / 794 g can) - 1 can, drained
- Sugar - 1/2 tsp
- Capers - 3 Tbsp
- Parmesan cheese - 1/4 cup, grated
- Garbanzo beans - 2/3 cup, rinsed & drained
- Shallots - 1/4 bulb, minced
- Red wine vinegar - 2 Tbsp
- Dijon mustard - 2 tsp
- Olive oil - 3 Tbsp
- Arugula - 6 oz ((or use your favorite salad greens))
- Bring a saucepan of water to boil. Salt heavily (that water should taste like the ocean!) and add pasta. Cook according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Whisk together shallots, vinegar, Dijon, and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Heat a saute pan over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then cauliflower with a dash of salt. Saute for 4 to 6 minutes. Then add in garlic, tomatoes, sugar, and capers. Cook until cauliflower is tender, 2 to 4 more minutes.
- Add cooked pasta and olives to pan. Toss to coat.
- Toss vinaigrette with beans and arugula or other mixed greens. Serve with pasta. Top pasta with chopped parsley and parmesan cheese.
I added a little chicken to please my meat-loving husband and served with regular salad instead of the chickpea and arugula salad. Very simple to make and we have plenty of leftovers.0 Helpful
Super easy to make, very simple and delicious.0 Helpful
2.5 stars. It was okay, but not super exciting.0 Helpful
We didn't make the salad but the pasta dish was easy and flavorful. We added grilled chicken to ours.0 Helpful
Thought this was great. We subbed the artichoke hearts in for the olives and thought that was great. I can see how it would be delicious with olives, too, but roommate won't eat them! :) Also, that salad is rockin'. Sooo good!0 Helpful
Loved the cauliflower and olives! Great pasta and salad.0 Helpful