Chopped Salad with Tuna
and cucumbers / tomatoes
With canned tuna and plenty of fresh summer produce, this colorful salad is hearty enough for a meal. A version of this meal was last featured in the early days of our meal plan service.
- Vinegar, balsamic - 2 Tbsp
- Maple syrup - 2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 1/4 cup
- Green beans - 8 oz , chopped
- Onions, red and medium - 1/2 , thinly sliced
- Cucumbers - 1 lb , chopped
- Tomatoes, medium - 1 lb , chopped (use heirloom tomatoes if available)
- Basil - 10 leaves , chiffonade
- Tuna, canned (5 oz / 142 g) - 2 cans , drained
- Mixed greens - 8 oz
Make dressing - Whisk together vinegar, maple syrup, and lemon juice. Add olive oil while whisking. Season with some salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Green beans - Chop green beans. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Steam green beans - Place green beans in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave on high until tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Season with some salt. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Basil - Chiffonade basil.
Tuna - Drain.
In a large mixing bowl, combine onions, cucumbers, tomatoes, green beans, tuna, and mixed greens. Gently toss everything together with dressing.
Serve salad with basil on top. Enjoy!