Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Roll-Ups
with arugula salad
Too hot outside to turn on the oven? These roll-ups are the answer. Inspired by bagels and lox, these are filled with all the same delicious toppings.
Smarts #1: Everything Bagel Seasoning or "Everything-but-the-bagel Seasoning" can be found pre-made at spice stores or at some grocery stores like Trader Joe's. You can also make it yourself, skip it, or just add one bagel topping ingredient like poppy seeds or sesame seeds.
Smarts #2: The roll-ups can be made up to a day ahead and served chilled. They also make great lunch leftovers.
- Cucumbers - 8 oz, matchsticks (preferably a seedless variety like Persian)
- Onions, red and medium - 1/4, thinly sliced
- Capers - 1 Tbsp, drained and rinsed
- Tortillas, burrito-sized flour - 4
- Cream cheese - 8 oz
- Everything Bagel Seasoning (opt) - 2 Tbsp
- Smoked salmon - 4 oz
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Honey - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Cheese, parmesan (opt) - 1 oz, grated
- Arugula - 6 oz (sub any salad greens)
- Black pepper - to taste
- Make dressing - Whisk together lemon juice, mustard, and honey. Add olive oil while whisking. Season with some salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Cheese - Grate cheese. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Cucumbers / Onions - Prep as directed. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Capers - Drain and rinse.
- To assemble roll-ups, set out tortillas. Spread the inside of the tortillas with cream cheese, making sure to spread it all the way to the edges so they will stick once rolled.
- Top the cream cheese with cucumbers, onions, capers, and bagel seasoning, leaving some open space around the edges. (Note: Make sure that the cucumbers and onions are lined up facing the same direction so you can easily roll the tortilla up.) Add salmon. Roll the tortilla up tightly to fully enclose the filling.
- Repeat until all of the tortillas are filled and rolled. Slice into 1” / 2.5 cm rounds.
- Toss arugula with dressing until dressed to your liking. Top with cheese and black pepper.
- Serve salmon roll-ups with salad on the side. Enjoy!
Subbed sheet pan salmon for smoked salmon due to pregnancy0 Helpful
Super easy and we really enjoyed the flavors. I did use turkey slices for half and we ended up preferring the turkey to the salmon. Would make again with all turkey!0 Helpful
Made sandwiches instead of rolls. Good for a quick dinner0 Helpful
This was pretty good! I think I’d probably rather just have it all on a bagel though.0 Helpful
Fast, easy0 Helpful
Super quick and easy.0 Helpful