Fattoush Salad with Pan-Fried Chickpeas
and creamy tahini dressing
With the balance of creamy dressing, warm chickpeas, and crunch from pita chips crumbled over top right at the end, fattoush salads are a favorite among our community members. This version that was last featured in 2020 includes avocados for another creamy, flavorful element.
Creamy Tahini Dressing:
- Garlic - 1 clove
- Lemons - 1 , juice
- Tahini (sub plain yogurt) - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Oil, olive - 1/4 cup
- Honey - 1 1/2 tsp
- Water - 1/4 cup
Fattoush with Pan-Fried Chickpeas:
- Cucumbers - 8 oz , chopped
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 1 cup , halved
- Beans, garbanzo (15 oz / 397 g) - 1 can , drained and rinsed
- Avocados - 1 , sliced
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Za'atar - 2 tsp
- Salad greens, any type - 8 oz
- Pita chips - 2 cups , crumbled
- Cheese, feta - 4 oz , crumbled
- Make tahini dressing - Chop garlic. Whisk together lemon juice, garlic, tahini, olive oil, and honey. Add some water a bit at a time until smooth and pourable. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Cucumbers / Tomatoes - Prep as directed. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Beans - Drain and rinse.
- Avocados - Slice avocados
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium heat. Add cooking oil. When oil begins to shimmer, add beans and za’atar. Cook until beans are hot and begin to pop, ~5 minutes. Season with some salt and pepper.
- To assemble salads, top greens with beans, cucumbers, tomatoes, and avocados. Crumble chips and feta over top. Toss with tahini dressing and enjoy!