Fattoush Salad with Pan-Fried Chickpeas
and creamy tahini dressing
With the balance of creamy dressing, warm chickpeas, and crunch from pita chips crumbled over top right at the end, fattoush salads are a favorite among our community members. This version that was last featured in 2020 includes avocados for another creamy, flavorful element.
- Garlic - 1 clove
- Lemons - 1, juice
- Tahini (sub plain yogurt) - 1/4 cup
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Water - 1/4 cup
- Cucumbers - 8 oz, chopped
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 1 cup, halved
- Beans, garbanzo (14 oz / 387 g) - 1 can, drained and rinsed
- Avocados - 1, sliced
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Za'atar - 2 tsp
- Salad greens, any type - 8 oz
- Pita chips - 2 cups, crumbled
- Cheese, feta - 4 oz, crumbled
- Make tahini dressing - Chop garlic. Whisk together lemon juice, garlic, tahini, olive oil, and honey. Add some water a bit at a time until smooth and pourable. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Cucumbers / Tomatoes - Prep as directed. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Beans - Drain and rinse.
- Avocados - Slice avocados
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium heat. Add cooking oil. When oil begins to shimmer, add beans and za’atar. Cook until beans are hot and begin to pop, ~5 minutes. Season with some salt and pepper.
- To assemble salads, top greens with beans, cucumbers, tomatoes, and avocados. Crumble chips and feta over top. Toss with tahini dressing and enjoy!
great dressing, couldn't get the chickpeas crispy0 Helpful
This was fabulous! I accidentally used the left over Tzatziki instead of tahini in the dressing and wow so good! Everyone wanted more and I did add a roasted chicken because the boys wanted some meat. All good!0 Helpful
No changes made. Tasty, flavorful, filling salad!0 Helpful