[Leftover] Pulled Pork Pineapple Cauliflower Fried ‘Rice’
with bell peppers / peas / cashews
- Bell peppers, any color - 1, diced
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 2 Tbsp
- Curry paste, red - 1 tsp (sub any color curry paste)
- Fish sauce (opt) - 1 tsp
- Vinegar, rice - 1 tsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 1/2 tsp
- Pineapple chunks, fresh, frozen, or canned - 1/2 cup
- Peas, frozen or canned - 1 cup
- Green onions - 2 stalks, chopped, green and white parts separate
- Limes - 1, wedges
- Hawiian Pulled Pork (leftover from Monday) - ~3 cups
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Cashews, roasted and unsalted - 1/2 cup
- Hot sauce - 2 tsp
- Cauliflower florets - 12 oz
- Cauliflower rice - Pulse florets in a food processor until broken up into ‘rice’-sized bits. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Bell peppers - Dice bell peppers. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make sauce - Whisk together aminos, curry paste, fish sauce, rice vinegar, and toasted sesame oil. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Pineapple - If using frozen pineapple, defrost. If using canned pineapple, drain. If the pineapple is in large chunks, chop it into bite-sized pieces. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Peas - If using frozen, defrost.
- Green onions / Limes - Prep as directed.
- Reheat leftover Hawaiian pulled pork in the microwave just until warm. Drain off as much excess liquid as possible. Set aside.
- Heat a wok or skillet with cooking oil over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers and white parts of green onions. Saute until starting to turn tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add cauliflower rice and stir to combine.
- Push all ingredients to the side of the pan, forming a donut in the middle of the wok. Pour sauce in and simmer until sauce thickens slightly.
- Add leftover pork, peas, and pineapple and stir everything to coat in sauce.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in cashews and green parts of green onions.
- Serve cauliflower fried ‘rice’ with lime wedges and hot sauce on the side. Enjoy!
Good, easy meal.0 Helpful
Doubled the sauce and it was perfect!0 Helpful
Good but not amazing. Tip: Add cashews to each serving day of eating, they lost their crunch in the fridge so leftovers weren't as good.0 Helpful
This was fine. CS has other fried rice versions that we like better.0 Helpful
This was fine. I think I should have left out the peas, though. Would have gone over better for my family if we'd used snow peas or sugar snap peas instead.0 Helpful
This was perfectly adequate but not super exciting.0 Helpful