[Leftover] Pulled Pork Pineapple Cauliflower Fried ‘Rice’
with bell peppers / peas / cashews
We have used this Hawaiian Pulled Pork (leftover from Monday's meal) in a variety of recipes, but this is the first time we've ever used it in cauliflower fried 'rice.' To give the meal a different flavor profile than Monday's dinner, the cauliflower fried rice includes Thai curry paste for spice, pineapple for natural sweetness, and cashews for crunch.
Pulled Pork Pineapple Cauliflower Fried ‘Rice’:
- Bell peppers, any color - 1 , diced
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 2 Tbsp
- Curry paste, red - 1 tsp (sub any color curry paste)
- Fish sauce (opt) - 1 tsp
- Vinegar, rice - 1 tsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 1/2 tsp
- Pineapple chunks, fresh, frozen, or canned - 1/2 cup
- Peas, frozen or canned - 1 cup
- Green onions - 2 stalks , chopped, green and white parts separate
- Limes - 1 , wedges
- Hawiian Pulled Pork (leftover from Monday) - ~3 cups
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Cashews, roasted and unsalted - 1/2 cup
- Hot sauce - 2 tsp
- Cauliflower florets - 12 oz
- Cauliflower rice - Pulse florets in a food processor until broken up into ‘rice’-sized bits. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Bell peppers - Dice bell peppers. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make sauce - Whisk together aminos, curry paste, fish sauce, rice vinegar, and toasted sesame oil. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Pineapple - If using frozen pineapple, defrost. If using canned pineapple, drain. If the pineapple is in large chunks, chop it into bite-sized pieces. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Peas - If using frozen, defrost.
- Green onions / Limes - Prep as directed.
- Reheat leftover Hawaiian pulled pork in the microwave just until warm. Drain off as much excess liquid as possible. Set aside.
- Heat a wok or skillet with cooking oil over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers and white parts of green onions. Saute until starting to turn tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add cauliflower rice and stir to combine.
- Push all ingredients to the side of the pan, forming a donut in the middle of the wok. Pour sauce in and simmer until sauce thickens slightly.
- Add leftover pork, peas, and pineapple and stir everything to coat in sauce.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in cashews and green parts of green onions.
- Serve cauliflower fried ‘rice’ with lime wedges and hot sauce on the side. Enjoy!