Chopped Greek Chicken Salad
with cucumbers / tomatoes
With leftover chicken from Monday's meal, these chopped salads will come together fast. Reheating the chicken in a skillet gives the salad a unique combination of textures and temperatures.
Chopped Greek Chicken Salad:
- Onions, medium and red - 1/2 , thinly sliced
- Oregano Grilled Chicken (leftover from Monday) - ~2 cups , thinly sliced
- Lettuce, romaine - 2 hearts , finely chopped
- Cucumbers - 12 oz , cubed
- Tomatoes, medium - 2 , diced
- Olives, kalamata - 1/3 cup , drained
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Pistachios, shelled - 1/3 cup
- Garlic - 1 clove , chopped
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Oregano, dried - 1/2 tsp
- Honey - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
- Garlic / Red onions - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make vinaigrette - Whisk together garlic, vinegar, mustard, oregano, and honey. Add olive oil while whisking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Leftover chicken - If chicken wasn’t already sliced on Monday, thinly slice. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Lettuce / Cucumbers / Tomatoes - Prep as directed and combine.
- Olives - Drain.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Heat a skillet with oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and saute until chicken is heated through and golden brown in spots, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Toss together lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions, olives, and pistachios. Add dressing until dressed to your liking.
- Divide salad between serving plates and top with warm chicken. Enjoy!