Greek Chicken Flatbread
with Greek salad / tzatziki
This flatbread is a celebration of flavor and texture. We can't take credit for the combination - inspiration for this meal comes straight from the chain restaurant California Pizza Kitchen. CPK serves the salad and tzatziki on top of their Greek pizza, but we're giving you the option to serve some on top and some on the side if you prefer.
- Oregano Grilled Chicken (leftover from Monday) - ~2 cups, thinly sliced
- Cheese, mozzarella - 4 oz, sliced or shredded
- Flatbreads - 4 (use any type like naan or pita bread)
- Greek Vinaigrette (ingredients listed separately) - 1 Tbsp
- Cheese, feta - 2 oz, crumbled
- Garlic - 1 clove, chopped
- Cucumbers - 4 oz, grated
- Mint, fresh - 4 leaves, finely chopped
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 1 cup
- Lemon zest - 1/2 tsp
- Onions, medium and red - 1/4, diced
- Lettuce, romaine - 1 heart, finely chopped
- Tomatoes, medium - 1, diced
- Greek Vinaigrette (ingredients listed separately) - 3 Tbsp
- Garlic - 1 clove, chopped
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Oregano, dried - 1/2 tsp
- Honey - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
- Garlic (for vinaigrette and tzatziki) / Red onions - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating first.) Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make vinaigrette - Whisk together garlic (portion for vinaigrette), vinegar, mustard, oregano, and honey. Add olive oil while whisking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make tzatziki - Grate cucumbers and then squeeze gently in a paper towel or clean dish towel to remove excess moisture. Chop mint. Combine cucumbers, mint, garlic (portion for tzatziki), yogurt, and lemon zest. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Leftover chicken - If chicken wasn’t already sliced on Monday, thinly slice. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Mozzarella - Thinly slice or shred. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Lettuce / Tomatoes - Prep as directed and combine.
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C degrees.
- Line flatbreads up in a single layer on a sheet pan (use two if needed). Brush with vinaigrette (portion for flatbreads). Top with mozzarella, chicken, and crumbled feta.
- Transfer sheet pan to the oven and bake until cheese is melted and edges of flatbread are golden brown, 6 to 12 minutes (depending on thickness of flatbread).
- While flatbreads bake, toss together lettuce, tomatoes, and onions with vinaigrette (portion for salad).
- Slice flatbreads.
- Serve flatbreads with some of the salad on top if you’d like (for fresh crunch) and the rest on the side. Dip flatbreads in tzatziki or drizzle it over top. Enjoy!
This was great! Very easy since the chicken was already grilled. We skipped the salad and just added lots of spinach and tomatoes and vinaigrette to the pizza. Very filling too.0 Helpful
I departed a fair bit here - skipped both the tzatziki and the vinaigrette, used some leftover pesto on the pizzas and added pepperoncini to the toppings. The end result, though, was fantastic.0 Helpful
This was delicious and so fun!0 Helpful
Easy and really tasty. Great use for leftover chicken. A little difficult to eat for me, but that's part of the fun!0 Helpful
Kids and adults loved this. Thank you!0 Helpful
Super delicious and restaurant quality flavor mix with the fresh salad on top. Easy to make. Big time keeper for Friday nights.0 Helpful