Summer Deli Cobb Salad
with creamy herb dressing
- Garlic - 1 clove, peeled
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 4 Tbsp
- Oil, cooking - 4 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Chives - 1 Tbsp, torn
- Eggs - 4
- Deli meat - 3/4 lb, chopped (like roast turkey or ham)
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 10 oz, halved
- Corn kernels, fresh or frozen - 1 1/2 cups
- Lettuce, romaine - 8 oz, chopped (sub any salad greens)
- Avocados - 2, cubed
- Creamy herb dressing (ingredients listed separately) - 2/3 cup
- Make hard boiled eggs - Cover eggs with cold water and some salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and then turn off heat. Let eggs sit in hot water for 11 minutes and then run in cold water for easier peeling. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make creamy herb dressing - Peel garlic. Combine garlic, yogurt, oil, lemon juice, and chives and blend until smooth using an immersion blender or food processor. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Deli meat / Tomatoes / Corn (if using fresh) / Romaine - Prep as directed. Tomatoes and corn can be stored together. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Corn (if using frozen) - Defrost corn in the microwave.
- Avocados. Cube avocados.
- Peel and chop eggs.
- Form a bed of lettuce and layer all other ingredients on top - deli meat, tomatoes, corn, avocados, and eggs.
- Serve salad with dressing on the side so everyone can dress their own. Enjoy!
Double the dressing. Also, this dressing recipe was separating between the yogurt and the lemon; add a spoonful of dijon and it holds together nicely.0 Helpful
Easy and delicious - I’ll definitely make this again!0 Helpful
Added a tsp of pesto (which we had on hand from last week's meals) to the dressing because the chives weren't doing it on their own. Also cooked the corn a bit on the stove to give it more flavor.0 Helpful
Did weekend prep, so this was quick and easy. Per other recommendations, added nuts and cucumbers. Great summer meal. Doubled the dressing. Didn't need twice as much, but did use more then half of what e made, so glad we had the extra.0 Helpful
Simple and tasty. A great fresh summer meal. More dressing needed.0 Helpful
This is always so good and so easy to customize. I don't know why we don't make this more often.0 Helpful