Summer Deli Cobb Salad
with creamy herb dressing
- Garlic - 1 clove, peeled
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 4 Tbsp
- Oil, cooking - 4 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Chives - 1 Tbsp, torn
- Eggs - 4
- Deli meat - 3/4 lb, chopped (like roast turkey or ham)
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 10 oz, halved
- Corn kernels, fresh or frozen - 1 1/2 cups
- Lettuce, romaine - 8 oz, chopped (sub any salad greens)
- Avocados - 2, cubed
- Creamy herb dressing (ingredients listed separately) - 2/3 cup
- Make hard boiled eggs - Cover eggs with cold water and some salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and then turn off heat. Let eggs sit in hot water for 11 minutes and then run in cold water for easier peeling. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make creamy herb dressing - Peel garlic. Combine garlic, yogurt, oil, lemon juice, and chives and blend until smooth using an immersion blender or food processor. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Deli meat / Tomatoes / Corn (if using fresh) / Romaine - Prep as directed. Tomatoes and corn can be stored together. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Corn (if using frozen) - Defrost corn in the microwave.
- Avocados. Cube avocados.
- Peel and chop eggs.
- Form a bed of lettuce and layer all other ingredients on top - deli meat, tomatoes, corn, avocados, and eggs.
- Serve salad with dressing on the side so everyone can dress their own. Enjoy!
The flavors didn't quite come together for me on this salad. I skipped the croutons and I think they would have brought a little needed salt.0 Helpful
Really good salad, filling. Loved the dressing.0 Helpful
Delicious dressing and tasty salad! I’m really loving these summer salads.0 Helpful
Really good cobb salad. Didn't make any adjustments.0 Helpful
Easy, delicious and thank you Nico for the dijon tip!!0 Helpful
Double the dressing. Also, this dressing recipe was separating between the yogurt and the lemon; add a spoonful of dijon and it holds together nicely.0 Helpful