Summer Vegetable Frittata
with butterhead lettuce salad
- Leeks - 1, chopped
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 1 cup, halved
- Corn kernels, fresh or frozen - 1 cup
- Eggs - 6
- Milk - 3 Tbsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Butter - 2 Tbsp
- Italian seasoning - 1/2 tsp
- Goat cheese - 2 oz, crumbled (sub feta)
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - for serving
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Mayonnaise - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, apple cider - 1 Tbsp
- Honey - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Lettuce, butterhead - 1 head, leaves torn (sub any salad greens)
- Plums - 2, chopped (sub peaches or grapes)
- Sunflower seeds - 1/4 cup
- Leeks - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating first.) Chop leeks. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make vinaigrette - Whisk together mustard, mayonnaise, vinegar, and honey. Add olive oil while whisking. Season with some salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Tomatoes / Corn - Halve tomatoes. If using fresh corn, slice kernels off cobs. If using frozen corn, defrost in the microwave. Combine tomatoes and corn in one bowl. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Eggs - Whisk eggs with milk, salt, and pepper.
- Lettuce / Plums - Prep as directed.
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- Heat a 10.5” to 12” (26 cm to 30 cm) oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. (Note: skillet size is for 4 servings. If customizing, use a larger or smaller skillet, or you can transfer the cooked filling to a muffin tin and top it with the egg mixture before baking.) Add butter and then leeks with a pinch of salt. Saute until soft, ~5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and corn and saute until most of the moisture from the tomatoes has cooked off, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add Italian seasoning and saute for 1 minute more.
- Pour eggs over vegetables and stir to combine ingredients. Crumble goat cheese over top of frittata.
- Bake frittata until set in the middle, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Toss lettuce, plums, and sunflower seeds with vinaigrette until dressed to your liking.
- Slice frittata. Serve with yogurt on top and salad on the side. Enjoy!
Really tasty and super easy and quick. I used my favorite fancy goat cheese with lavender and fennel and it made it taste very elegant :)1 Helpful
Great! Really enjoyed the corn and leeks, and the goat cheese was a perfect addition.0 Helpful
So simple and delicious! Added some chopped spinach to the frittata because we had it. Used extra goat cheese, really liked the corn in there! We used 8 eggs for 4 servings0 Helpful
Used shallots instead of leeks because I had them on hand. Made the muffin version and added strawberries and feta to the salad with the plums. Delicious!!! Will Maeve again soon.0 Helpful
Really liked how the veggies (corn!) came out in this. Used a big cast iron pan (14 in) because we made 6 servings, and the eggs set right on time.0 Helpful
I really liked this frittata, and amazingly it didn't stick in my cast iron! I used green onion instead of leek, and feta. Salad dressing was a winner.0 Helpful
Yummy summer dinner. I used some garden fresh veggies - added some pea pods. Used feta. Loved it. Also served it with cinnamon raison english muffins to make it more filling. Yummy dressing! Will save and make again.0 Helpful