Summer Vegetable Frittata
with butterhead lettuce salad
This frittata makes use of summer produce and is topped with creamy goat cheese. It was last featured in 2019, but this time around we're serving a crisp green salad with sweet plums on the side.
Summer Vegetable Frittata:
- Leeks - 1 , chopped
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 1 cup , halved
- Corn kernels, fresh or frozen - 1 cup
- Eggs - 8
- Milk - 3 Tbsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Butter - 2 Tbsp
- Basil, dried - 1/2 tsp
- Goat cheese - 2 oz , crumbled (sub feta)
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - for serving
Butterhead Lettuce Salad with Plums:
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Mayonnaise - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, apple cider - 1 Tbsp
- Honey - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Lettuce, butterhead - 1 head , leaves torn (sub any salad greens)
- Plums - 2 , chopped (sub peaches or grapes)
- Sunflower seeds - 1/4 cup
- Leeks - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating first.) Chop leeks. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make vinaigrette - Whisk together mustard, mayonnaise, vinegar, and honey. Add olive oil while whisking. Season with some salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Tomatoes / Corn - Halve tomatoes. If using fresh corn, slice kernels off cobs. If using frozen corn, defrost in the microwave. Combine tomatoes and corn in one bowl. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Eggs - Whisk eggs with milk, salt, and pepper.
- Lettuce / Plums - Prep as directed.
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- Heat a 10.5” to 12” (26 cm to 30 cm) oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. (Note: skillet size is for 4 servings. If customizing, use a larger or smaller skillet, or you can transfer the cooked filling to a muffin tin and top it with the egg mixture before baking.) Add butter and then leeks with a pinch of salt. Saute until soft, ~5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and corn and saute until most of the moisture from the tomatoes has cooked off, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add Italian seasoning and saute for 1 minute more.
- Pour eggs over vegetables and stir to combine ingredients. Crumble goat cheese over top of frittata.
- Bake frittata until set in the middle, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Toss lettuce, plums, and sunflower seeds with vinaigrette until dressed to your liking.
- Slice frittata. Serve with yogurt on top and salad on the side. Enjoy!