Asian Chicken Tacos
with chimichurri crema / corn on the cob
These quick and easy tacos feature a mashup of flavors, but the creamy sauce made from leftover Asian chimichurri is the real star.
Asian Chicken Tacos:
- Chicken breast, boneless and skinless - 1 lb , sliced into thin strips
- Coriander, ground - 1 tsp
- Chili powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Avocado - 1 , sliced
- Tomatoes, medium - 1 , chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Tortillas, taco-sized corn or flour - 12
- Baby spinach - 2 oz (sub any greens)
- Asian Chimichurri (leftover from Tuesday) - 1/4 cup
- Sour cream - 3/4 cup
Corn on the Cob:
- Corn on the cob - 4 ears , husked
- Butter (opt) - for serving
- Make chimichurri crema - Whisk together chimichurri and sour cream. (Can be done 5 days ahead)
- Corn - Shuck corn. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Season chicken - Slice chicken into thin strips. Toss with ground coriander, chili powder, salt, and black pepper. Tenderize with a fork. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Avocados / Tomatoes - Prep as directed.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Bring a large pot of salted water (for the corn) to a boil.
- When water is boiling add corn and boil until tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet or wok with oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and let it cook on one side until golden brown. Flip and then saute until chicken is cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes more.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions.
- Fill tortillas with spinach, chicken, avocados, tomatoes, and chimichurri crema. Brush warm corn with butter. Enjoy tacos with corn on the cob.