Asian Chicken Tacos
with chimichurri crema / corn on the cob
- Chicken breast, boneless and skinless - 1 lb, sliced into thin strips
- Coriander, ground - 1 tsp
- Chili powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Avocado - 1, sliced
- Tomatoes, medium - 1, chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Tortillas, taco-sized corn or flour - 12
- Baby spinach - 2 oz (sub any greens)
- Asian Chimichurri (leftover from Tuesday) - 1/4 cup
- Sour cream - 3/4 cup
- Corn on the cob - 4 ears, husked
- Butter (opt) - for serving
- Make chimichurri crema - Whisk together chimichurri and sour cream. (Can be done 5 days ahead)
- Corn - Shuck corn. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Season chicken - Slice chicken into thin strips. Toss with ground coriander, chili powder, salt, and black pepper. Tenderize with a fork. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Avocados / Tomatoes - Prep as directed.
- Bring a large pot of salted water (for the corn) to a boil.
- When water is boiling add corn and boil until tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet or wok with oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and let it cook on one side until golden brown. Flip and then saute until chicken is cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes more.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions.
- Fill tortillas with spinach, chicken, avocados, tomatoes, and chimichurri crema. Brush warm corn with butter. Enjoy tacos with corn on the cob.
Chimichurri sauce is always a winner. In this dish, it's no different. A great meal that can be customized for each family member.0 Helpful
Really good! The crema was delicious and overall easy to make with ingredients we had around already.0 Helpful
A new favorite! Enjoyed everything about this meal - the taste and how easy it was to come together.0 Helpful
Easy to do after doing the pork. Actually like the crema more than the chimichurri.0 Helpful
We ate these as salad in taco bowls, and it was hit! Very delicious.0 Helpful