Rainbow Vegetable Chopped Salad
with creamy tahini Italian vinaigrette
Smarts: Because the stalks of broccoli can be tough, be sure to cut the florets down into bite-sized pieces. Steaming the florets in the microwave before adding them to the salads also insures they will be tender enough to eat.
- Bell peppers, orange - 1, diced
- Bell peppers, yellow - 1, diced
- Onions, red - 1/2, diced
- Broccoli florets - 8 oz, chopped
- Tomatoes, roma - 8 oz, chopped
- Avocados - 1, chopped
- Baby spinach - 8 oz, chopped
- Cashews - 1/3 cup
- Vinegar, red wine - 1 Tbsp
- Tahini - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Italian seasoning - 1/2 tsp
- Honey - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 2 1/2 Tbsp
- Make vinaigrette - Whisk together vinegar, tahini, mustard, Italian seasoning, and honey. Add olive oil while whisking. Season with some salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Bell peppers / Onions / Broccoli - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Tomatoes / Avocados / Baby spinach - Prep as directed.
- Steam broccoli - Place broccoli in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with a damp paper towel and microwave until tender, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Assemble salads with a bed of baby spinach. Top with bell peppers, onions, broccoli, tomatoes, avocados, and cashews. Drizzle with vinaigrette until dressed to your liking. Enjoy!
6 year old loves this along with everyone else! Such a fun meal to make and eat.0 Helpful
Really tasty. Precooked veggies and cooked flatbreads on bbq.0 Helpful
We loved this! So delicious and easy!0 Helpful
Excellent and Simple!0 Helpful
My 3 and 5 year olds made their own and then ate it all (including veggies) without complaining. That’s a win in my book! Delicious.0 Helpful
Ladies- you knocked it outta the park this week!!! This pizza is not only gorgeous, it was DELICIOUS!! Super easy and tasty! We added pesto because we had some extra which was a nice touch!0 Helpful