Rainbow Vegetable Flatbread
Smarts: Because the stalks of broccoli can be tough, be sure to cut the florets down into bite-sized pieces. Steaming the florets in the microwave before cooking also insures they will be tender enough to eat.
- Bell peppers, orange - 1, diced
- Bell peppers, yellow - 1, diced
- Onions, red - 1/2, diced
- Broccoli florets - 8 oz, chopped
- Tomatoes, roma - 8 oz
- Flatbreads, like pita - 4
- Hummus - 8 oz
- Cheese, shredded mozzarella - 8 oz
- Bell peppers / Onions / Broccoli - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating first.) Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Tomatoes - Slice tomatoes.
- Steam broccoli - Place broccoli in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with a damp paper towel and microwave until tender, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C.
- Spread flatbread out in a single layer on a sheet pan (use two if needed).
- Spread the top of the flatbread with hummus. Sprinkle with cheese and then add vegetables on top.
- Bake in the oven until cheese is melted and vegetables are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Slice and serve. Enjoy!
6 year old loves this along with everyone else! Such a fun meal to make and eat.0 Helpful
Really tasty. Precooked veggies and cooked flatbreads on bbq.0 Helpful
We loved this! So delicious and easy!0 Helpful
Excellent and Simple!0 Helpful
My 3 and 5 year olds made their own and then ate it all (including veggies) without complaining. That’s a win in my book! Delicious.0 Helpful
Ladies- you knocked it outta the park this week!!! This pizza is not only gorgeous, it was DELICIOUS!! Super easy and tasty! We added pesto because we had some extra which was a nice touch!0 Helpful