Rainbow Vegetable Flatbread
Smarts: Because the stalks of broccoli can be tough, be sure to cut the florets down into bite-sized pieces. Steaming the florets in the microwave before cooking also insures they will be tender enough to eat.
- Bell peppers, orange - 1, diced
- Bell peppers, yellow - 1, diced
- Onions, red - 1/2, diced
- Broccoli florets - 8 oz, chopped
- Tomatoes, Roma - 8 oz
- Flatbreads, like pita - 4
- Hummus - 8 oz
- Cheese, shredded mozzarella - 8 oz
- Bell peppers / Onions / Broccoli - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating first.) Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Tomatoes - Slice tomatoes.
- Steam broccoli - Place broccoli in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with a damp paper towel and microwave until tender, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C.
- Spread flatbread out in a single layer on a sheet pan (use two if needed).
- Spread the top of the flatbread with hummus. Sprinkle with cheese and then add vegetables on top.
- Bake in the oven until cheese is melted and vegetables are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Slice and serve. Enjoy!
This ended up a little messy - I think we had way more vegetables than space on the pita- but it was quick and really tasty!0 Helpful
6 year old loves this along with everyone else! Such a fun meal to make and eat.0 Helpful
Really tasty. Precooked veggies and cooked flatbreads on bbq.0 Helpful
We loved this! So delicious and easy!0 Helpful
Excellent and Simple!0 Helpful
My 3 and 5 year olds made their own and then ate it all (including veggies) without complaining. That’s a win in my book! Delicious.0 Helpful