Rainbow Vegetable Flatbread
We're showing some Pride with a rainbow of toppings on our simple vegetable-packed flatbreads (and it’s a fun way for kids to get involved), but feel free to add toppings in any arrangement you'd like.
Smarts: Because the stalks of broccoli can be tough, be sure to cut the florets down into bite-sized pieces. Steaming the florets in the microwave before cooking also insures they will be tender enough to eat.
- Bell peppers, orange - 1, diced
- Bell peppers, yellow - 1, diced
- Onions, red - 1/2, diced
- Broccoli florets - 8 oz, chopped
- Tomatoes, roma - 8 oz
- Flatbreads, like pita - 4
- Hummus - 8 oz
- Cheese, shredded mozzarella - 8 oz
- Bell peppers / Onions / Broccoli - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating first.) Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Tomatoes - Slice tomatoes.
- Steam broccoli - Place broccoli in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with a damp paper towel and microwave until tender, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C.
- Spread flatbread out in a single layer on a sheet pan (use two if needed).
- Spread the top of the flatbread with hummus. Sprinkle with cheese and then add vegetables on top.
- Bake in the oven until cheese is melted and vegetables are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Slice and serve. Enjoy!
Excellent and Simple!0 Helpful
My 3 and 5 year olds made their own and then ate it all (including veggies) without complaining. That’s a win in my book! Delicious.0 Helpful
Ladies- you knocked it outta the park this week!!! This pizza is not only gorgeous, it was DELICIOUS!! Super easy and tasty! We added pesto because we had some extra which was a nice touch!0 Helpful
Love how simple and tasty this was - hummus adds a ton! We topped the veggies with a little more cheese to help hold everything together.0 Helpful
This was fantastic! My 4 year old made her own and ate over half of it, including all the veg (peppers and broccoli), and then said 'this is wonderful, we should have this more often'. It is officially in the rotation!0 Helpful
We made this on naan. So quick and delicious!0 Helpful