Caesar Salad Sandwich with Hard-Boiled Eggs
- Cheese, parmesan - 2 oz , grated
- Eggs - 4
- Lettuce, romaine - 1 heart , finely chopped
- Tomatoes, medium - 1 , sliced
- Sandwich buns, brioche, potato, or hamburger - 4
- Caesar dressing (ingredients listed separately) - 3 Tbsp + 4 Tbsp
- Garlic - 1 clove , chopped
- Mayonnaise - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 1 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
- Frozen fries, regular or sweet potato - 1 lb
- Dipping sauce, like ketchup (opt) - for serving
Cheese - Grate parmesan. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Boil eggs - Cover eggs with cold water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and then turn off heat. Put a lid on the pan and let eggs sit in hot water for 11 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Make vegetarian Caesar dressing - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating before continuing.) Chop garlic. Combine garlic with mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, soy sauce, black pepper, and olive oil. You can do this with a whisk or use an immersion blender for a very smooth creamy dressing. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Lettuce / Tomatoes - Prep as directed.
Eggs - Roll eggs against a hard, flat surface to break up shell and then peel. Slice eggs.
Heat oven to temperature recommended for frozen fries. Bake according to package directions.
Toast sandwich buns.
Toss lettuce with first portion of Caesar dressing and cheese.
Assemble sandwiches with egg slices (sprinkle them with some salt and pepper as you add them to the sandwich), sliced tomatoes, and dressed lettuce. You can drizzle the sandwiches with some more dressing if you’d like, or serve extra dressing on the side (it’s great for dipping the sandwiches and the fries).
Enjoy sandwiches with fries on the side.