Sheet Pan Honey Harissa Chicken
with Mediterranean chopped salad
Honey Harissa Chicken:
- Onions, medium and red - 1/2 , thinly sliced
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 2 Tbsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Harissa - 2 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Cumin, ground - 1/2 tsp
- Chicken thighs, boneless and skinless - 20 oz
- Foil (opt) - for roasting
Mediterranean Chopped Salad:
- Bell peppers, red - 1 , diced
- Onions, medium and red - 1/2 , diced
- Cucumbers - 10 oz , chopped
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, apple cider - 2 tsp
- Italian seasoning - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 2 1/2 Tbsp
- Green onions - 2 stalks , chopped, green and white parts combined
- Lettuce, any variety - 8 oz , chopped (sub any salad greens)
- Sunflower seeds - 1/4 cup
- Bell peppers / Onions (for chicken and salad) / Cucumbers - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make marinade - Combine onions (portion for chicken), olive oil (portion for chicken), lemon juice (portion for chicken), honey, harissa, salt, and cumin. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Marinate chicken - Combine chicken and marinade. Tenderize with a fork. Marinate for at least 20 minutes and up to 1 day. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Make vinaigrette - Whisk together lemon juice (portion for salad), vinegar, and Italian seasoning. Add olive oil (portion for salad) while whisking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Green onions / Lettuce - Prep as directed.
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- Line a sheet pan with foil (optional, but will make clean up easy) or brush with some cooking oil. Spread chicken and onions (portion for chicken) out on prepared sheet pan (no need to drain off marinade). Season with some salt and pepper.
- Transfer sheet pan with chicken and onions to the oven. Roast until chicken is cooked through, 25 to 35 minutes (depending on size). The chicken is done when it reaches 165F / 74C degrees.
- When chicken is nearly done roasting, toss together lettuce, green onions, bell peppers, onions (portion for salad), cucumbers, and sunflower seeds. Add vinaigrette until dressed to your liking.
- Serve chicken with salad on the side. Enjoy!